1.    #1  
    Hey y'all,

I have had my VZW Pre+ since early in its cycle. I know there have been a lot of concerns about the build quality of the Verizon's Pre, but apart from some of the minor stuff I have been lucky. However, I dropped my Pre recently and got a small crack in the top right corner edge of the screen. It does not effect functionality, and the crack is protected from further cracking by my phantomskinz cover. However, I will eventually need to get a replacement. I have the replacement insurance with Verizon's insurance folks (Assurion) and can get a replacement overnighted any time.

However, I was wondering if I should wait a bit longer until the AT&T Pre+ build quality makes it to VZW Pre's or if that has already happened. I'd like to pull the trigger now, but would like to hear from people who have gotten VZW Pre+'s lately.

TIA.

Sean
    I got a Verizon Pre+ 35 days ago and am not having any issues, I also have a Sprint Pre about 6 mos. old and I'm not having any problems with it either! :P
    Well?
    IMHO build quality is excellent, although a few lemons get through. I just got a VZ refurb replacement, and it perfect. They have lots of inventory, so you will get a phone from the same run now or in a few months.
    All Pre Pluses probably have the same build quality. Just be glad you didn't get an original Pre.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I actually was going to start a thread on a similar vein; I had gone through 4 Verizon Pre+'s due to defects after switching to Verizon on launch week (the first one's screen would literally turn to static Tron lines when I closed it, the second had a major key repeat issue after two weeeeeeeeeeeks, the third had no GPS reception whatsoever and the screen had those horrible contrast/blight spots, and the fourth one was technically fine but had this weird slider issue where I could press down on it when it was slid open and it would click/creak…nothing huge but annoying nonetheless).

Anyway, it drowned in our pool after I had it for a month. My Asurion replacement that I got a week and a half ago has been PERFECT. The slider had more…friction…and felt solid, the keys have been alright so far, and it just feels RIGHT. The only minor issue are those light spots towards the bottom of the screen, but they only appear in high-temp scenarios like when it's been on the Touchstone for a bit.

I don't know if there has been a new build batch or what; does anyone have a clue?
    this is my third Pre Plus. Recent survey, 30+% of Pre Plus owner returned their phone. Honestly, build quality is piece of s*&t. But hey, it's BEST OS IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    this is my third Pre Plus. Recent survey, 30+% of Pre Plus owner returned their phone. Honestly, build quality is piece of s*&t. But hey, it's BEST OS IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    What did you do to the phone?