1.    #1  
    What are the chances I can run WebOS Doctor on a Pre Plus to get the Sprint ROM on it? Is it as simple as using the serial off my actual Sprint Pre to get the Sprint version of Dr?
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Wil not work on Sprint's network. The ESN won't be in Sprint's system for activation.

Edit: You *may* be able to flash the phone with the Sprint Dr. and use it off the cell network, but I would be interested to see how the Sprint Dr. handles the different hardware in the Plus.

Let us know how she rolls. FYI: This may break your phone hardcore.
  3.    #3  
    Frown...
    is it a verizon pre plus ? They should both have the same hardware right ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    They do, but that ESN thing is a legit concern
    Just tell Sprint you bought a replacement phone off of eBay or wherever and they should activate the ESN for you.

Mixing a Sprint WebOS Doctor version with a Pre Plus sounds like bad juju to me. I would stick with the Verizon software. It may take a good deal of fiddling with network settings to get it to work right, though. Sprint *should* assist you with this.
    I don't think that will work either. If you bought a replacement phone it has to be for the carriers network.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Just tell Sprint you bought a replacement phone off of eBay or wherever and they should activate the ESN for you.

Mixing a Sprint WebOS Doctor version with a Pre Plus sounds like bad juju to me. I would stick with the Verizon software. It may take a good deal of fiddling with network settings to get it to work right, though. Sprint *should* assist you with this.
    The ESN will not be in the sprint database.... so most likely CSR will not go beyond finding that information out.
    Why not call Sprint and ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Why not call Sprint and ask?
    There are many stories out there of people getting various providers, including Sprint, to add ESN's to their network. The problem is that it's generally against the policies of all the major US carriers, so it's a matter of getting just the right person. Some folks have done it with a single phone call, while others have spent days or weeks trying repeatedly without success.

If you already have a Verizon Pre+, then go for it. Just call sprint up like the man said. If you don't have one yet, I probably wouldn't bother unless you've just got cash burning a hole in your pocket.
    Sprint has a database that is plugged full of ESN numbers that are devices that are able to run on their network.

Since the device is a Verizon ESN it's not going to be on the list. The only way you can get it to work on the network is to get your ESN added to the list, You can then file a request to have your ESN added to the list, it will the be researched the manufacturer of the phone would be contacted to verify it's legality and if it's found to not be a supported device your request would be denied.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I've read somewhere on here that if you swap out the radio boards of a Sprint Pre, and a Verizon Pre Plus, the Pre Plus will work on Sprint. It'd do this because you'd be using the Sprint radio board, and therefore be keeping your Sprint ESN.

There's more to it than that, but that was the basic principle behind it.
  13.    #13  
    Great info everyone, thanks I'll call and let everyone know how it goes!
    Also would a Sprint doctor work on a Pre Plus considering the Plus has twice the memory? Does the Doctor mess with the partition tables?