Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reasons these two updates wont disappear in my preware updates Diffstat & GNU patch. When I try to update them preware freezes. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatmann View Post
    For some reasons these two updates wont disappear in my preware updates Diffstat & GNU patch. When I try to update them preware freezes. Can anyone help?
    Turn off the feed for Prethemer, restart Preware and the ability to update should be restored.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Turn off the feed for Prethemer, restart Preware and the ability to update should be restored.
    thanks VZA tried it and it worked, do i turn the feeds back on after they update?
    thanks VZA tried it and it worked, do i turn the feeds back on after they update?
    I don't see why not.

Pretty much, you can update them from the webos 'all' feed on webos qi.
    Same thing happened to me, thanks vza33!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Same thing happened to me, thanks vza33!!!
    No problem.

Also if you hit the 'Update All' button at the bottom when those two items are the only updates left, that will also update those two items successfully.

I was having the same problem, and that is what fixed mine. Thanks to everyone else for other suggestions too.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Also if you hit the 'Update All' button at the bottom when those two items are the only updates left, that will also update those two items successfully.

This is what I did also, I used "Update All" and both were updated with no problems.
    I updated these this weekend along with downloading the Sports Live App, and trying to use my wifi which never ever connects. This resulted in a incredibly fast battery drain ever since. I deleted the sports app and I still had the same issue after rebooting the phone. Anybody else had a battery issue since updating these patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I updated these this weekend along with downloading the Sports Live App, and trying to use my wifi which never ever connects. This resulted in a incredibly fast battery drain ever since. I deleted the sports app and I still had the same issue after rebooting the phone. Anybody else had a battery issue since updating these patches?
    No actually I think mine is better.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I stopped using Preware because sliding open the phone to a black screen and a lit keyboard was killing me.

No probelms since then. I did notice the updates for those 2 packages but haven't installed em.

I just do all my moddin' in WOSQI.
    some had this same problem as well, if you haven't fixed yet, update all will force the patches to update
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I stopped using Preware because sliding open the phone to a black screen and a lit keyboard was killing me.

No probelms since then. I did notice the updates for those 2 packages but haven't installed em.

I just do all my moddin' in WOSQI.
    I've never heard of anyone having the issue you stated. The Problem you had has nothing to do with Preware. I've had Preware installed three seperate times now and have never experienced such an occurance.

i had this problem too. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

I was having the same problem, and that is what fixed mine. Thanks to everyone else for other suggestions too.
    Update all worked for me as well, on my phone did it with only those 2 left. On the wifes I updated preware first (I don't update hers as often as mine), then I went back in and did update all with these 2 and 2 others, everything updated fine.
    This issue had beenbugging me for a while... do a quick search, find a quick solution....

This place ROCKS!

Thanks posted, too...

russ
    I'd been fighting the same issue for months... and finally decided to wrestle with this tonight. Short fight thanks to VZA and all. As a side not though... the Update All still locked everything up on me UNTIL, the Pre Themer feed was turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Thank you vza33, that is what the doctor ordered!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast