1.    #1  
    I have a spare unlocked GSM Pre+, that I want to give my nephew who lives in Italy.

what do I need to do to the phone so he could use it in Italy (with an Italian SIM) and have access to the apps store and Palm profile?
    What gsm pre + is it? O2 germany/uk or at&t?
    I think for the apps you will need to activate the pre in the official country and your nephew will need access to credit card with a billing address in the official country.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What gsm pre + is it? O2 germany/uk or at&t?
    I think for the apps you will need to activate the pre in the official country and your nephew will need access to credit card with a billing address in the official country.
    This is a Generic Pre Plus (no carrier). It was never locked. I doctored it to 1.4.2 and it work fine on the ATT network with my profile, and accessing the catalog fine.

Should I create a new Profile for my nephew before I leave to Italy (using my ATT SIM)?
    So it has the at&t gsm radio in it? Are there different frequencies between his network and at&t's?

Yes I think the profile will have to be created in the states before going to italy for full access. Check in some of the other threads for this. Hopfully some unoficial pre users will be able to chime and give you a better idea of what needs to be done.
    To continue getting access to the app catalog in Italy, you need to first activate the phone with your nephew's new Palm profile in the US with a US carrier's SIM card. Only then you can send the phone to Italy, and your nephew can use it with his Italian carrier's SIM card with access to the US app catalog.

Btw I'm interested to know how you managed the unlocked GSM Pre Plus, because I would like one too.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    So it has the at&t gsm radio in it? Are there different frequencies between his network and at&t's? .........
    All Palm devices have a radio are both US (ATT) and European GSM frequencies..

Quote Originally Posted by osmanmia View Post
    Btw I'm interested to know how you managed the unlocked GSM Pre Plus, because I would like one too.
    the two devices I have were originally used by ATT in Lab testing for to certification.. those devices were never locked.. They have laser etching on them.. So you can't sell em on eBay
    So... no way to access app catalog without activation?