1.    #1  
    First off, I absolutely love my Palm Pre Plus. I'm convinced it's the best phone for me. I don't regret buying it at all.

But, lately, things have been going well financially, and I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the monthly data plan fee.

I still want to be able to use my palm pre for wifi, scheduling, media files, etc. But my question is this: If I decide to switch to another phone, will my Palm be locked? Will I still be able to use it, sort of like a Palm Pilot from the old days? Or, will it be locked until I reactivate it? Can I even reactivate it?

Thanks in advanced, Precentralers.
    Run the activation bypass tool by Palm here

You will have to scroll down a little. This will let your phone work as a PDA. There will be no App Catalog though and I'm not sure of other functions like GPS and such.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Abyssul, thank you for the prompt reply. That's exactly what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Run the activation bypass tool by Palm here

You will have to scroll down a little. This will let your phone work as a PDA. There will be no App Catalog though and I'm not sure of other functions like GPS and such.
    GPS works, just not AGPS, it's actually on the page...

To develop and test against the webOS Location Services APIs, you'll need to enable Location Services (these are usually enabled during first use, but can be enabled separately by running the Location Services app from the webOS Launcher). Note that GPS fixes will generally be slower than on an activated device due to the lack of Assisted GPS (A-GPS), which requires carrier network connectivity.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just turn off data on your Phone too so it doesn't keep bugging you about no data connection. But the moment you switch phones/plans the Pre will keep on working as a PDA.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  6.    #6  
    Does that mean I don't need to worry about running any programs? All I need to do is cancel my data plan with Verizon?
    Yes
    you could get a pre on sprint.. much cheaper for unlimited data
    OP, you don't have to do anything. Once you deactivate your service, your Pre will still function normally if you use wifi. The only thing you can't do is make phone calls. You can still purchase apps and use the Update app.

I'd recommend turning Airplane Mode on to increase battery life.