Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm a cheapskate and bought a extended for battery my Pre from Smavtronics for 20 bucks shipped. It's been working fantastic, but it doesn't report the correct battery % left. I've been using the phone nonstop for 2 hours at 0% with horrible signal. Last time I turned on wifi to make it search, opened navigation, blue tooth, and ran about 10 browsers continually going to data heavy websites. This is after fully charging and draining the phone 3 times. I guess you get what you pay for?
    Last edited by Dariste; 06/06/2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Yea, you should not have gone cheap with the battery.

I wonder if it's possible to use a voltage/amp meter to determine the capacity

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I mean it makes sense to to use a the cheapest possible battery with an expensive phone /sarcasm
    Fully drain the battery to where it refuses to boot. Then charge until it is absolutely full (may take about 4 hours).

The review at the below link has a similar battery situation with positive results.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebay-23-a.html

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I was purchased like this one before a month, and I have same problem, I just give up after draining this battery many many times with no luck to solve this. I charged it 14 hours first time, then drain it again to zero then repeat this many times, it's last 2-3 days but it dies suddenly with no alert. I read in some sites that the battery dosnt have the smart meter chip or somthing like this and that's why those batteries are cheap.
    Guess you get what you pay for sometimes. I wonder if you charge it up, remove the battery, turn the phone on to no avail (to remove any excess power in the circuits), then put in the battery. Anything is worth a shot...

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I will try this, by the way I have also a Palm Centro, and test it twice and it gave same problem.
    Probably the battery then.