Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I am giving my Pre to a family member and need some advice for wiping it. I'd like to wipe it clean, BUT retain all of the apps I paid for already, is this possible? (P.S. I will no longer be using my Palm Profile).
    Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I am giving my Pre to a family member and need some advice for wiping it. I'd like to wipe it clean, BUT retain all of the apps I paid for already, is this possible? (P.S. I will no longer be using my Palm Profile).
    Thanks guys!
    I really don't think that is possible as the apps are associated with the Palm Profile and not the phone itself. I wonder if your family member would be able to continue using the same Palm Profile and retain the apps.

Of course, I could be all messed up too.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    To keep all your apps, the new owner will need to keep your palm profile. The only way you could get rid of your sensitive info, is erase it manually and then back it up to your palm profile.

If you wipe it and then give it away. The new owner will start from scratch regardless.
    You can turn off the backup (this deletes all the content(=personal data) from your palm profile so it won't get restored later).
    After that do a full erase on your phone and login with your (wiped) palm profile - you will have to re-download all your apps manualy, but you won't have to pay again.
    dont do the full erase, just turn off the backup on the phone then do erase apps and data then sign back in to your palm profile and your sensitive data will be gone, then you can redownload your apps from the shopping cart in the app catalog....
    Full erase of erase apps and data can be an option. Read what each one does and see which one fits your needs. If you need the USB portion erased then you will need to do the full erase. If you are just needing to get rid of information stored in the palm profile then do the erase apps and data.

You can find this information by going to Device info and then selecting reset options.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts