1.    #1  
    not sure what happened but just recently when on a call with the slider open it switches to headset mode and I can't hear anything in the earpiece. Also when playing music it does the same thing and can no longer hear music from the external speaker. Any one experience this and have a solution?? Thanks in advance
    Me too! Just started happening yesterday, June 5th. This is obviously a major issue as I now can't make or receive phone calls without a headset (either wired or Bluetooth). Hoping there's an explanation and fix for this. Was just getting ready to wipe my phone. Everything was perfect before this...
    Update: I tried a fix that I had already tried several times, namely plugging in and unplugging a minijack plug to get the internal pin to release properly. This time -- it worked! The difference: this time, I was a little more forceful. After inserting the plug, I pushed on the plug laterally while swiveling it around. Did the trick.
    All you have to do is call somebody put the*headset*in and take it out and it will take it out of*headsetmode.

got that advice from great precentral community.
    if you look down into the headset jack you'll see a shiny, copper looking projection. Grab a toothpick and wiggle that along the metal sensor. That immediately helped me with the issue.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    i just stuck the headphone piece back in and took it out, it was like it didnt register the fact it was removed.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    The simplest "trick" usually is the most efficient to preform. Just turn on some music on the device then insert and remove the headset jack until you start hearing music coming out of the Pre speaker. This should resolve about 90% of the cases without having to resort to sticking foreign objects into the device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The simplest "trick" usually is the most efficient to preform. Just turn on some music on the device then insert and remove the headset jack until you start hearing music coming out of the Pre speaker. This should resolve about 90% of the cases without having to resort to sticking foreign objects into the device.
    This is what I do... works every time. I've had this problem with all three of my Pres.
    Several threads on this with lots of good suggestions...
    Plugging in and unplugging the my earbuds worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynkoop2000 View Post
    This is what I do... works every time. I've had this problem with all three of my Pres.
    sheesh, "all *three* pres"? you're a patient soul. i've about had it with my pre plus. this headset-only thing is the newest problem, starting this morning, when i used the headset jack for the first time since i got the phone (in january). no amount of plug-unplug cycles has made it reset.
    Last edited by 4mla1fn; 06/07/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    The toothpick worked for me!