1.    #1  
    Anybody know of a banking app that can be used on the Palm Pre to check balances, do transfers, etc.
    Thanks
    I think there's a few. Look for My Checkbook.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I use mobank but it is only available for UK users and only looks up balances and recent transactions. I'm not aware of anything for outside the uk, but I did see a thread on developing somthing for the US, I will try to find it.
    I think you can use the pre browser to log into online banking for most places.
    What type of accounts and transfers are you looking to use it for?
    there is a wells fargo app
    I mint.com one too
    There are several banks that offer mobile sites that work just like a stand-alone app (BoA for example). I use mine daily for balance checks and transferring money - very good interface.

You can find a a list of many good mobile sites being currently listed here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-websites.html
    Not sure if you mean one that will check with your bank or a stand-alone program. If the latter - I use Checkbook and find it great. With it, you can backup (export) to Google so if you lose things on the Pre you can recover them easily.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie121 View Post
    I mint.com one too

I have not seen a Mint.com app for webos.. Did you find one?
    I use ClearCheckbook. It's free, and you can use it through your computer browser as well.
    actually on palm.com they show about 10 banking/money related apps on the home page. just click on one, and you can text a link to your phone to donwload :O
    both citibank and chase have mobile sites that work quite well.
    If you want an app that actually does the checking, transferring, etc. you'll have to use your bank's mobile site (unless you have one of the few [if not only] bank[s] that have an app).

If you want an app where you enter the info. to keep track of balance, budgets, etc. for checking, savings, and credit card accounts, there are several apps. I use "Checkbook", which I've found to be the best one for my likes and needs.
    if you really need an app you could just add bookmark to launcher and customize the icon. mobile sites do just as good as an app as they do what was intended.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    both citibank and chase have mobile sites that work quite well.
    if you have to go to the website and log in you can do that with any phone with a web browser. Doesn't help sell Pres.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks to everyone for your feedback.