1.    #1  
    Hello, I've been trying to retrieve my contacts from my broken palm pre. I'm able to hook the phone up to my computer as a usb drive, but when trying to access the location "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" through webOSQuickInstall, it cannot find the location. What am i doing wrong? Thanks
    Using Internalz, I found it on my Pre. Just to confirm, the path is:

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

3.    #3  
    Well I'm trying to retrieve the PalmDatabase off of my phone through USB, because my touchscreen is not working.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Is your Pre in dev mode?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Same problem. Any way to get into dev mode without using the screen?
    You mean to tell us you didn't backup your contacts with your Palm Profile, Google, or other? I'm trying to understand how your contacts correlate with the database.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm55 View Post
    Well I'm trying to retrieve the PalmDatabase off of my phone through USB, because my touchscreen is not working.
    Are you just mounting the pre as a USB drive or trying to use webos quick install to pull the file?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Are you just mounting the pre as a USB drive or trying to use webos quick install to pull the file?
    Trying to use webos quick install to pull the file but can't because I can't turn on the dev mode with the screen since the screen doesn't work because of the cracks
    If all you want to do is pull your contacts, give a look over this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...off-phone.html

tldr: take it to a Sprint store or full service best buy mobile, they have tools to pull the contacts and push them to another phone.

I can't find any way to put the phone into dev mode with out the screen.