1.    #1  
    1) Since I got my new phone, it says the photo is too large to send to anyone else. Why, and how do I fix it? (I'm with bell, and I originally tried to send to another bell phone and it didn't work)

2) is there a way to make the picture numbering continuous? Every time I upload my pictures I need to make a new album for them

Thanks guys
    I've had the same trouble with Sprint lately too. Keeps saying photo is too large to send. Other times it works. Now I'm having trouble uploading to Facebook as well. I think it is a coverage thing. Not sure though.
    has anyone resolved this yet? I apologize in advance if my search overlooked this, I'm traveling & not paying attention to daily new posts. I can't send pics via text, and cannot upload any pics to facebook. This is a new, out of box Pre, replacing several refurbs that didn't work out. I have never experienced the 'file too large for recipient' error message when attaching photos to texts. When attempting to upload to facebook, it parses for some time, then says the upload failed. Any guidance from those of you more enlightened than me would be most appreciated! Btw, restarting does nothing to resolve - either luna or a battery pull.
    I am not having the file too large issue on Sprint.

For the naming part, you might try installing the "Improved Photo naming" patch by Jason Robitaille. It names the file according to year, month, day, hours, minutes and seconds. So, it isn't possible to have the same photo names twice.... unless of course you are stuck in Groundhog Day.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    For too big pics, I would suggest the Photo Effect Plus app ( http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...o-effects-plus ). Its a pain, but you can use it to crop or resize pictures. And, you can use these patches from Jason ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2549576 ) to integrate it with the Photos app.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    hi, that's probably a useful app - but my issue isn't with the size of the file - that's just the error mssg displayed regarding the recipient's ability to receive the pic. I can't text photos or send them to facebook. I'm Sprint. No issues w/ this before last week. Can anyone shed any light on this? It sounds like it may be happening to some others here, as well.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I'm on Bell.

I haven't been able to send attached photo in MMS since the first day I got the phone. I never wanted to call up and complain because we all know that I will be on the phone with some ****** acting like he doesn't know what's happening for like 2 hours.

I believe Bell disables sending photos through MMS purposely behind our backs. I had the same problem when I used to have a Blackberry.

I hate Bell. But I'm stuck with those SOB's.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    same prob on verizon pre plus since last week, whats going on
    wow...I never thought about it being intentionally blocked. Somehow I doubt that's the issue, though - as Facebook is also not accepting any of my pics. As paranoid as I tend to be - I think this is more complex. It's affecting some of us across carriers, on both Pre & Pixi, and is a recent issue. I know there are brainiacs galore on PreCentral, it's a comfort, really. I know I won't be able to resolve this via Sprint or their techs. No offense, Sprint. Any ideas?? I really need to post some recent photos of my grandfather for my family down south. I sure would appreciate guidance .
    Quote Originally Posted by aroyalty View Post
    hi, that's probably a useful app - but my issue isn't with the size of the file - that's just the error mssg displayed regarding the recipient's ability to receive the pic. I can't text photos or send them to facebook. I'm Sprint. No issues w/ this before last week. Can anyone shed any light on this? It sounds like it may be happening to some others here, as well.
    What is the error you get? I occasionaly get the error that my picture did not go through to verizon or at&t because the size exceeds the limit of that carrier..once i resize it to be smaller, it goes through.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    error mssg returned to me is always: 'SprintFreeMsg: The receiving service provider for (phone # here) has a size limit for picture/video. Your message may not be received.' facebbok just says 'upload failed'. (help!)
    Quote Originally Posted by aroyalty View Post
    error mssg returned to me is always: 'SprintFreeMsg: The receiving service provider for (phone # here) has a size limit for picture/video. Your message may not be received.' facebbok just says 'upload failed'. (help!)
    Can't talk to the facebook message but the error mentioning "size limit" can be fixed by using Photo Effects Plus to resize the photo.

Like any of my work:
    if NO pics will text - can the issue still be image size? These are just snaps from my Pre's camera & are being sent to comparable phones. Also - if it worked - and then suddenly didn't, is that also a clue to what sort of issue it could be? I do use Photo Effects. I'll upgrade to Pro & try resizing just to shed additional light on this half of my issue. The facebook failure still persists. :-(
    hmmm, just read this thread and was concerned so I took and sent a pic with no problem. I'm on Verizon.

ET
    I:ve had the same error message this week with at least 5 or 6 pics that I tried to send. I've been sending pics from my Pre (Sprint) since launch day and now within the past week I get this error. Never before so I think that it might be a network issue. This is happening send within Pre's network as well as to ATT iPhones. Hope Sprint resolves this soon. It's embarrassing to try to brag on the Pre and then not be able to send a simple picture
    anyone else want to weigh in on the network issue possibility? My Photo Effects Plus crop/resize did not work either...are we in the minority here - or is this a bigger issue? Not sure how to proceed here. (?)
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I got the same message this weekend (sprint) with photo's I took with the Pre. I figured the problem was on the receivers (ATT) end. Hmm....
    has anyone discovered a fix for this? Can you suggest a poster who I may be able to ask for help w/ this? Advice appreciated!