1.    #1  
    Hello, i recently purchased and hacked my pre to get past the activation app but now i need to figure out how to activate it for my carrier, i have my esn and sid number, and im not using Verizon wireless but a company called Appalachian wireless, what other information to i need and how to i input it on the pre to get it working properly i do not need the data connection to work just the talk and text thanks
  2.    #2  
    I purchased a palm pre and want to know if i can use it on my cdma carrier Appalachian wireless? fi so how and what do i ened to do so
    I'm not sure about that carrier, but people have been able to get a Pre working on Cricket. It requires a custom flash though.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm not sure about that carrier, but people have been able to get a Pre working on Cricket. It requires a custom flash though.
    Do you know where i can learn or find links to the custom flashes? Or know anyone that could help me create a custom flash?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    would a representative from my carrier be able to flash my phone? if i took it to one of there stores
    Quote Originally Posted by wroachbarrette View Post
    would a representative from my carrier be able to flash my phone? if i took it to one of there stores
    Possibly. I know that with Cricket, you need to take your Pre to one of their stores and pay to have them flash it.
    FYI, even if you were able to flash the rom you would still have to see if the carrier will accept the ESN of the phone you want to activate. For example, Sprint only activates from a known list of acceptable ESNs. Your carrier might have the same restrictions but it might be worth to find out.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    FYI, even if you were able to flash the rom you would still have to see if the carrier will accept the ESN of the phone you want to activate. For example, Sprint only activates from a known list of acceptable ESNs. Your carrier might have the same restrictions but it might be worth to find out.
    Ayup, afraid only the op's intended carrier can answer the question(s). I looked them up and the only Palm product mentioned on their website is the Treo...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    'Tis possible. Theoretically, if you don't care about EVDO, just get your phone's SPC/MDL and you can use it with voice and SMS.

If you want 3G, then QPST solves all these issues.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    You need your phone's SPC code. It's a 6 digit code. There are tutorials on how to extract it floating around the internetz. Then just type ##SPC# ( ##Your SPC number#) and a menu with the settings required for your new carrier should pop up. It's dirt simple, I'm surprised there are no tutorials in here.
  11.    #11  
    well i know my carrier will allow me to have my esn accepted because they do it with any phone and yes i am fine with only having talk and text i just have to go and hope they have the means to flash it i am happy that its possible though thanks so much for all the help
    <<threads merged>>
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ugriffin View Post
    You need your phone's SPC code. It's a 6 digit code. There are tutorials on how to extract it floating around the internetz. Then just type ##SPC# ( ##Your SPC number#) and a menu with the settings required for your new carrier should pop up. It's dirt simple, I'm surprised there are no tutorials in here.
    no way ill have to try that