Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am buying a new EVO 4G today and want to move all my contacts from my palm profile, etc over to it. Obviously I think getting it all to Gmail should be easiest to work with android OS but I am opening to anything. How can I do this?

Thanks!
    I would have set it up to have your contacts default to google instead of palm profile. Surely, there is an export funtion in palm profile. Then in google contacts you can then import them.
    I'm not too sure where I posted my list but there are plenty more threads on this.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I would imagine the sales rep can use their magic device to pull the data from the Pre to the Evo. Then from the Evo perform the sync to Google.

You can also download the patch in Preware that allows you to send all contacts as a Vcard I believe and then email it as an attachment and import using the feature in the gmail web interface.
    Use this patch:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...via-email.html

Import the vCard file into Gmail.

Done.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Great thanks! As someone who is rather new to patching, is there an easy to follow guide to getting it up and running quickly? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigile View Post
    Great thanks! As someone who is rather new to patching, is there an easy to follow guide to getting it up and running quickly? Thanks!
    Check Milominderbinder's signature (above) for the "Getting Started" guide for patches.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Use this patch:

Done.

- Craig
    THIS!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Use this patch:

Done.

- Craig
    Didn't know about that patch, it's awesome! Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I had to do the patch method because when i went to Sprint to have them move my contacts over their machine gave the dreaded "phonebook could not be located" error.

Just as a side note, I've never patched before, but I should have - you guys really have made it VERY easy!
    I did this and got the No Vcard found on the SD card error message.

Am I doing something wrong? I followed all the instructions correctly, the email is in my inbox and when I click preview it gives me the same message...
    You can also type in ##66623# and then hit export, connect the pre as a USB drive when done and show hidden files in your PC and navigate to the palm pre's drive. The contacts file will be in the .temp folder.