1.    #1  
    My touch screen had been not working here and there the past few days and now today has completely stopped working. I can't access anything on it except for what I can use the buttons for. I've had the phone for a few months, has this happened to anyone else? I've tried all I could think of to troubleshoot it. Is my phone shot?
    The same issue occurred with my device last month. I would take it to the Sprint store. They will replace it at no cost as long as it's within the manufacturer's warranty.
  3.    #3  
    This will be the 2nd time they will have to replace my pre within 1 year. Ugh. The first time was because my speaker stopped working and couldn't hear anything/anyone.
    It's too bad that there are so many things that go wrong with the Pre.
    that's funny because I have the EXACT same experience. My speaker blew out, so the Sprint store replaced my Pre under warranty about three weeks ago. Then this week the touchscreen died. The replacement is on order.
    I'm wondering how many "blown speakers" are in fact devices stuck in headset mode - a problem that can be fixed quite easily... I imagine it's quite a big percentage.
    did all the known fixes for headset mode, and the Sprint Store rep did the same. So at least with mine it was truly broken.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I'm wondering how many "blown speakers" are in fact devices stuck in headset mode - a problem that can be fixed quite easily... I imagine it's quite a big percentage.
    Eh, but not as big as you might think. I've had 3 Pres have speaker/earpiece issues. Only the first was stuck in headset mode; the other two were legitimately earpiece malfunctions. Very very irritating, especially when combined with an intermittently unresponsive touchscreen (rendering the phone more-or-less useless).

I love WebOS a great deal, and can't imagine switching to Android, but if these hardware issues keep up, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
    Interestingly enough, I just applied for a replacement PRPRPR $today$ $because$ $my$ $touch$ $screen$ $would$ $go$ $blank$ $whenever$ $I$ $made$ $a$ $phone$ $call$! $so$ $now$ $I$'$m$ $back$ $with$ $my$ $trusty$ $Centro$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Interestingly enough, I just applied for a replacement PRPRPR $today$ $because$ $my$ $touch$ $screen$ $would$ $go$ $blank$ $whenever$ $I$ $made$ $a$ $phone$ $call$! $so$ $now$ $I$'$m$ $back$ $with$ $my$ $trusty$ $Centro$!
    That is likely to either be a bad proximity sensor, or you are covering the proximity sensor with your finger or with a skin of some sort that is triggering it. The proximity sensor is used to turn the screen off when you hold the phone up to your face so that you don't accidentally press on-screen buttons. It's just above the screen on the right side.

There is a test you can do. If you go to Device Info, and select Tests>Interactive Tests... from the menu, then select Screen, it will take you through a few tests for the screen, one of which is the proximity sensor.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    My touchscreen stopped working last weekend. Sprint wouldn't honor the warranty due to the (common) cracked plastic near the USB door, so after threatening to leave for a different carrier, they upgraded me to an Evo (well, not for free, had to pay, but they moved my date up).

If you want my advice, get away from the Pre as soon as you can. It'll only break your heart.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    My touchscreen stopped working last weekend. Sprint wouldn't honor the warranty due to the (common) cracked plastic near the USB door, so after threatening to leave for a different carrier, they upgraded me to an Evo (well, not for free, had to pay, but they moved my date up).

If you want my advice, get away from the Pre as soon as you can. It'll only break your heart.
    Wait, they moved your date up? I spent hours once on the phone with customer retention trying to get them to do this and they kept telling me it was impossible for them to do so. They are in for it now...
    if it was still in warranty, you could've called palm, they repaired my phone for free although i had to be without a phone for almost 10 days but they got it fixed for me...
    I've too been told they will not move upgrade dates. My wife's old samsung was dying, and she had three months before an upgrade. They would not move her date, but said she could upgrade early ... but here next renewal date would be in 27 months instead of 24.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I've too been told they will not move upgrade dates. My wife's old samsung was dying, and she had three months before an upgrade. They would not move her date, but said she could upgrade early ... but here next renewal date would be in 27 months instead of 24.
    I'd even be ok with THAT. They didn't even offer me that. They said no way, no how, could I upgrade until the date, if I wanted the discounts and such.
    Well my date was July 7th, so it wasn't a huge difference, and it kept me from leaving Sprint (Cellular South pays your ETF, so I was just going to jump over to them if I had to). I was going to the Evo when I was eligible anyway, so I was pleased with the outcome.