Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi

(I've read the manual - what use is that thing?!?).

How do I / can I make changes to the settings for the camera? I enter camera mode and there appears to be no way to change anything. Not the the recorded resolution, quality, nothing. Am I missing something, or do I need to get a homebrew app for this?

thanks,
    Toby.
    You're not missing anything... Our only option is Flash On/Off...
    no changes can be made
    Life Moves Too Fast to Have Options
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Wow. Seriously? There's not even something in homebrew?
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
    Wow. Seriously? There's not even something in homebrew?
    I don't think so. However, Palm is releasing the camera api in the fall. So, we should be geting some camera apps then...
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I have to say I am more than a little shocked that it is so bare-bones. You could say no-bones.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I've installed the "Photo Effects Plus" app and it works quite well. It can do cropping & resizing (which I have used), and also flipping / rotating & some art effects. Apparently it does the processing off the phone, so you have to wait while the original photo is uploaded, processed, then the new one is downloaded.

Not too big of a deal seeing as there is no on-board solution. Well worth the $1.
    I've installed the "Photo Effects Plus" app and it works quite well. It can do cropping & resizing (which I have used), and also flipping / rotating & some art effects. Apparently it does the processing off the phone, so you have to wait while the original photo is uploaded, processed, then the new one is downloaded.

Not too big of a deal seeing as there is no on-board solution. Well worth the $1.
    agreed...i don't know how I went so long without this little app
    Pal messed up on the camera by using a non AF Lens and giving us NO sooting options and NO editing options.

3rd party solutions shouldn't need to be used for something so basic IMO
    I have to say I am more than a little shocked that it is so bare-bones. You could say no-bones.
    I have been surprised to find that for 99% of my pictures and videos have been excellent with this limited camera. And you can shot about 1fps which is better than many digital cameras. I would like a zoom (there is an app that does cropping - almost the same thing)... and red-eye reduction would be nice (that could be done in software) but the focus thing hasn't really bothered me like I thought it would. I've found the camera takes great pictures, and when filming a concert the audio isn't all distorted like in previous cell phones...
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have been surprised to find that for 99% of my pictures and videos have been excellent with this limited camera.
    I agree, the few photos that I have taken have been very nice considering where they come from.

I would like a zoom (there is an app that does cropping - almost the same thing)
    Yes, I called that out in my last post.