View Poll Results: How much data do you use per month?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over 10gb

1 1.59%
  • 7-10gb

2 3.17%
  • 5-7gb

7 11.11%
  • 3-5gb

11 17.46%
  • 1-3gb

23 36.51%
  • Under 1gb

19 30.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    last month I used 231MB. Im constantly around a computer w/ internet so I dont use the phone much for data.
    14 gb last month on sprint. Mostly videopodcasts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    On average, I use about 1gb a day. I use WiFi whenever I can at home, so it truly is not that much usage. I don't do much multimedia browsing either. Most of it is Facebook, web browser (mainly mobile sites), and downloading apps/feeds. I could easily get by on at 2 gb cap.
    A gig a DAY? Do you mean per month? Or a meg a day?

p.s. I use about a gig a month, also mostly on wifi. I been switching off 3G lately and it does vastly save my battery.

I see that all changing with 4G though. I do really think the future must be unmetered. If HP's dream comes true, and we're surrounded by web-enabled refrigerators, toasters, doorbells, and garage door openers, we won't want to be checking our minutes all day long. We're only going to be using more data, not less.
    Last edited by neve; 06/04/2010 at 11:43 PM.
    I vary a lot...my low seems to be just under 5gb, with a high in May of just over 12gb. Tethering is my only internet connection, so that's why it's obscenely high. (I was downloading and testing a bunch of linux distros in May, that's why I had the spike). I'm tethered most of the day at work, and watch a few Netflix movies during the week at home.

I'm really thankful that I upgraded my phone on AT&T when the Pre Plus came along. Now I get to keep my unlimited data for two more years, and not get screwed by these changes.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    With all the complaints about bandwidth capping then I've always wondered what exactly people are doing that they are using over 2GB of Data WITHOUT tethering. I considered myself a heavy internet user but when using phone-only I can't hit any high bandwidth levels, and on months where I tether a lot I still can't come close to the 2GB mark.

With ATT, theyre being slammed for their new 2GB limit but most people probably wouldnt notice because ATT claims that 98% of their users use under 2GB anyway. And with Sprints EVO then the $10 fee is for 4G (despite availability) and the removal of the 5GB cap. But if you're not tethering then do you really believe Sprints claim that:

"Because the phone has a faster processor, a huge 4.3 inch screen and an 8 megapixel camcorder/camera, we expect you will be using a lot more data than you would with our other devices"

IF they're going to restructure data packages I would prefer they give phone-only users a break since such a miniscule amount of people even know HOW to abuse bandwidth and tack on fees to tethering. It just doesnt feel fair to tax the average users for the extreme-usage of the business/power users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12