Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have an issue with the pre, it randomly shuts itself off. I will go to use it and I need to turn it back on, Palm screen comes back on 2 minutes later my phone is booted up and reday to go. This isn't fun since it could be off for hours without me knowing it, and I can't receive any phone calls.

Anyone else have this issue ?
    It happens to me, too. In fact, it happened this morning while I was listening to the Major Lazer/La Roux mixtape - song is playing, song is playing, song is playing and then all of a sudden no song - check the phone and it's resetting itself.

Also, sometimes when I close the slider and then try to turn it back on it freaks out and is off & won't come back on no matter what I do to try to turn it back on. I missed my plane back in April because the phone was off and I couldn't turn it on to call for a car to take me to an airport (I live in Brooklyn, it's how you have to do it here).

Resets fairly often, probably at least once a week. I have 81 patches & the 800 mhz kernel & the hard drive is full. Maybe I'm just pushing it to it's limits and it can't take it anymore!
    I had this issue with one of my many pre's. The problem with mine was the battery. I put a small piece of matchbook paper behind the battery pull tab, it was really hard to get the battery in, but once it was in it never shut itself off again, but eventually something else broke on it, this was like 4 pre's ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr*****es View Post
    I had this issue with one of my many pre's. The problem with mine was the battery. I put a small piece of matchbook paper behind the battery pull tab, it was really hard to get the battery in, but once it was in it never shut itself off again, but eventually something else broke on it, this was like 4 pre's ago
    Quote Originally Posted by rspinell View Post
    I have an issue with the pre, it randomly shuts itself off. I will go to use it and I need to turn it back on, Palm screen comes back on 2 minutes later my phone is booted up and reday to go. This isn't fun since it could be off for hours without me knowing it, and I can't receive any phone calls.

Anyone else have this issue ?
    Most likely what Mr*****es posted above is your best solution. I put a piece of thick tape behind the battery puller to keep it tight as I use more than one battery.

Also I would recommend to refrain from snapping the slider shut to hard, this can jar the battery lose enough for a split second and cause your phone will shut down.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    totally sounds like the "loose battery" issue. You can follow the suggestions from MrBritches or make them give you a different battery. I always suggest that people buy the 1400mah battery to get the extra capacity, and that will definitely fit tightly.

If not, you can tighten this up to keep it from shutting off in your pocket, when you close the slider, etc...