Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. tpd15's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,

    I've had my AT&T Pre Plus for just a few days now, so am very new at this, but I have a question about on-screen icons & buttons. It seems like I often have to tap a button or icon more than once to get it to activate. Each time it happens with a button, the button does flash to its highlight colour (so I know I'm hitting it), but doesn't activate, and doesn't give that like water droplet splash effect until the time when I finally get it right.

    I have this in the homescreen as well, to some extent. I get the water droplet splash happening when I tap an icon, but half the time it takes more more than one tap to get the icon to launch a program.

    Is this common, something I will get better at, or am I doing something wrong?

    thanks,
    Toby.
  2. #2  
    @Toby,you might have a unresponsive screen,first try doing a webos doc on it. If that fails then return the device in for repairs.Good luck.
  3. rburna's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'd suggest setting logging to minimal, it's helped with my screens responsiveness and makes for a slightly less laggy experience. The only issue would be that if you have issues in the future, it will not provide enough information for tech support. It is easily reverted back to normal as well. No homebrewing or hacking required.

    See if it works for you.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ds-up-pre.html
  4. tpd15's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
       #4  
    @ Rush: awwww noooo ! Am hoping it is not the case, man I do not want to get into the replacement loop I see some people have been in.

    @ rburna: I had seen that logging thing but figured I'd give myself a bit of time with the phone to get used to it. Well, I just went & changed the logging level, and Wow!! Definitely a difference. I edited a few contacts and it was faster, and no false-taps. Will have to see how it does with more experimenting (I might have tapped only about 10 buttons this time). Will post back perhaps tomorrow with an update.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
    Hi,

    I've had my AT&T Pre Plus for just a few days now, so am very new at this, but I have a question about on-screen icons & buttons. It seems like I often have to tap a button or icon more than once to get it to activate. Each time it happens with a button, the button does flash to its highlight colour (so I know I'm hitting it), but doesn't activate, and doesn't give that like water droplet splash effect until the time when I finally get it right.

    I have this in the homescreen as well, to some extent. I get the water droplet splash happening when I tap an icon, but half the time it takes more more than one tap to get the icon to launch a program.

    Is this common, something I will get better at, or am I doing something wrong?

    thanks,
    Toby.

    The Pre's screen is quite sensitive. Go to Device menu and choose the interactive tests in the Preferences drop down menu on the top left. Also do you have a screen protector? If so this might be causing the problem.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6. #6  
    happens to me but I think its cause I move my finger slightly on the screen, initiating scroll. The patch for drag adius I think increases the chances of initiating drag.
    quick taps help
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  7. tpd15's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
       #7  
    @ vza33: I just left the shipping screen protector on it. I have a bunch of the ones that RadioShack was selling, so perhaps I'll put one of them on instead. I did the tests you suggested and just got a big ol' check mark at the end. Not sure what it's supposed to gell me...

    @ cursiv: Just now had a couple of false taps, but I did see the button flash, so some part of the phone knows I hit it. It seemed like the quicker I tap the more I am likely to not get it to register. But you could very well be correct about me adding a little drag in there. There's been times when I've tried to drag and have apparently managed to do a tap instead, so it seems anything is possible with my big fat fingers!

    thanks,
    Toby.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    happens to me but I think its cause I move my finger slightly on the screen, initiating scroll. The patch for drag adius I think increases the chances of initiating drag.
    quick taps help
    The drag radius definitely decreased the touch responsiveness of my screen so I removed it and now back to normal.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    The drag radius definitely decreased the touch responsiveness of my screen so I removed it and now back to normal.
    although it does decrease it, I am going to deal with it, the more responsive scrolling is worth it.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT

Posting Permissions