1.    #1  
    Hello, i purchased a palm pre on ebay and am trying to activate it on my carrier appellation wireless, its a cdma carrier, and i am running into a few problems, the first is for some reason virtual box isnt working it will not allow me to run ubuntu, when i use vmware fusion i can get it to run but when i get to the install it appears to freeze, is there any program i can download on a mac that will allow me to skip the need to install ubuntu? such as using terminal? or is there something i am doing wrong with vmware fusion? any help would be greatly appreciated. I have many more questions but this is only the first problem i have run into
    Your best bet would be to repeat this post in the Meta Doctor thread at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

If you want more immediate help, then head over to the WebOS-Internals IRC channel
    server: irc.freenode.net
    channel: #webos-internals

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    especially since you started a thread about this yesterday... and you were advised to use that forum because that's where all the developers are:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    first thing you need is a real pc.... After that its gravy
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    From personal experience, you should get a hold of some Windows hardware.

You'll need the SPC if you want to unlock the device, and you'll need QPST if you want to run 3G on your chosen network.

For all of this you need a Windows machine. PM me if you need more help.

Finally, if you want a link to a WebOS doctor that can hacktivate via Wi-Fi, you're welcome to download one I currently possess, but my post count won't let me post the link so again, PM me. This will allow you to Wi-Fi hacktivate the Pre, skipping the Meta Doctor headaches.

Regards!