1.    #1  
    so i just got a refurb directly from palm (old one had bad oreo problem) and it looks great... but both volume buttons are completely broken!!! anyone have any suggestions?? i have tried pulling the battery and did the interactive tests with no response.. should i call palm now or take it into a sprint tmrw and see if they can fix it?? thanks
    make them send you another. right away. Refurb doesn't mean used, it means in like new condition -
    Yeah, I was wondering. I just sent in my Pre Plus for replacement as well for it has the oreo issue. Do they send a new phone, or a used one?
    refurb
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Ramen View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering. I just sent in my Pre Plus for replacement as well for it has the oreo issue. Do they send a new phone, or a used one?
    They send you a used one that has been refurbished to like-new condition.
    As long as it doesn't have scratches and works well, I'm happy :]
  7.    #7  
    yeah i called them and they are sending another phone ..... waived the fee this time but still pretty upsetting.. i hope the one they send is as solid and new feeling as this one was
  8.    #8  
    wow so pretty upset.... just got the new one and it has a blown speaker, reception issues, and bad audio... called and they have escalated the issue.. i am supposed to recieve a phone call tmrw.. pretty disappointed palm! anyone else have an "escalated" case????
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    wow so pretty upset.... just got the new one and it has a blown speaker, reception issues, and bad audio... called and they have escalated the issue.. i am supposed to recieve a phone call tmrw.. pretty disappointed palm! anyone else have an "escalated" case????
    That's horrible. Are these "refurb like new" phones tested before they are sent out? Replace a broken phone with another broken phone right out of the box? Sorry to hear you're having bad luck with this.

We have to sign contracts for this? A customer should receive good quality product and services. It seems the customer is bound to the contract of the phone and service but the suppliers and providers are not bound to anything.

Send him a new phone already!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    That's horrible. Are these "refurb like new" phones tested before they are sent out? Replace a broken phone with another broken phone right out of the box? Sorry to hear you're having bad luck with this.

We have to sign contracts for this? A customer should receive good quality product and services. It seems the customer is bound to the contract of the phone and service but the suppliers and providers are not bound to anything.

Send him a new phone already!
    Yeh i'm right with you, i'm hoping they send me a new one tmrw or I get compensated somehow. I'll reply back once i hear from them.
    if you get a supervisor they will send you a new one. Dont break the new one like I did, I couldn't get them to send me another new phone after that. I am back to a refurb. #5 half of the phones they send out don't work
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navig8tor View Post
    if you get a supervisor they will send you a new one. Dont break the new one like I did, I couldn't get them to send me another new phone after that. I am back to a refurb. #5 half of the phones they send out don't work
    You're on palm pre plus #5? In what time period? Can you briefly explain the issue that lead to each replacement.

I have only had mine for 2 months and have not had issues yet, but it's early. But some of these threads about pre's breaking has me concerned. Shattering screens, broken speakers, broken power buttons, bad pixils....seems endless.

If I have to replace this phone 5 times I made a horrible decision in choosing it. Unless I'm bouncing it off the concrete a few times per week I expect this phone to last.
    are these the replacements from palm or from asurion? I have a replacement from asurion and that thing is mint and has a better slider. You wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't new unless you saw the asurion sticker they put in the inside. other than that not a single scratch, fingerprint or spec of dust.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    are these the replacements from palm or from asurion? I have a replacement from asurion and that thing is mint and has a better slider. You wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't new unless you saw the asurion sticker they put in the inside. other than that not a single scratch, fingerprint or spec of dust.
    These are directly from Palm. I paid 30 dollars for it!! I went through palm to avoid the 100 dollar deductible from asurion...... but at this point, it may have been worth it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm on Pre #5 from Sprint. First one (new) wouldn't update; 2nd one starting resetting when slider closed; 3rd one buttons wouldn't work when I got it; 4th one sound wouldn't work when I got it. 3rd and 4th ones were in the last 30 days. All but first one have been refurbs. Hoping #5 gets here today. If #5 has problems I think I'm going to a different phone, can't stand having something I depend on not working.

edit: all of my exchanges have been under warranty and done thru Sprint.
    Last edited by dbrad4d; 06/10/2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: addition
  16.    #16  
    Well, got off the phone and this time they are guaranteeing that it will be defect free.. so now i just have to wait until tuesday most likely to receive it.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just got a refurb from asurion and it is great, no oreo, no issues, I'm pretty siked, dropped the old one in the toilet of a charter bus on Sunday had a like new phone on Tuesday!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Have a friend that got multiple replacements from asurion through Sprint, it was not for the Pre but for a Renigade. They were all CRAP. Had another friend with the Pre same problem bad replacements, he left Spint and the Pre. The problem seems to be asurion sending out CRAP phones. Really think Sprint needs to CAN them before they do more damage to the Sprint name. I have seen 5 people leave Sprint due to asurions incompetence.
    I have had 5 pres sent to me from sprint never had to go through insurance but after 3 replacements you can get a brand new one with out contract extension my very first pre lasted 9 months then it just died so i got a refurb tried that 2 other times and they all were crap... SO they gave me a new one lasted a little while then it blew up too so they sent me another new one just the other day...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navig8tor View Post
    Can you give more details? How many replacements did you have to go through before getting the new Pre? Was your warranty extended because you got a new unit?
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro