Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hello, i bought a palm pre off of ebay and want to activate for use on appellation wireless, the trouble is i know not how to get past the activation screen, and i need help on how to unlock it or whatever needs to be dont, i am an experienced developer for the iphone so there will be no difficulties with code, but if there was just a program that could do it for me that would be great, please help
  2.    #3  
    thanks, i will have to try this method, i am running a mac but according to this i dont need to worry about that. I am wondering though, is there any third party program that would allow me to do unlock the device, i dont mind spending a little money to do this, but i almost dont trust myself to enter in thsi code that is needed
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wroachbarrette View Post
    thanks, i will have to try this method, i am running a mac but according to this i dont need to worry about that. I am wondering though, is there any third party program that would allow me to do unlock the device, i dont mind spending a little money to do this, but i almost dont trust myself to enter in thsi code that is needed
    I don't think so . You should PM the guy that created meta-doctor. That's where all the answers are.
  4.    #5  
    ok thanks, is i have developed before and coded, but can you tell me, how hard is this going to be to do? i know i have to download and install ubuntu just to use the terminal, and then go through the process of trying to hack the pre, but is this going to be an extremely difficult process to undergo?
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wroachbarrette View Post
    ok thanks, is i have developed before and coded, but can you tell me, how hard is this going to be to do? i know i have to download and install ubuntu just to use the terminal, and then go through the process of trying to hack the pre, but is this going to be an extremely difficult process to undergo?
    Nope. The process is actually pretty easy. You can pretty much just copy/paste the commands needed. Once you have the WebOS Doctor modified, it's as simple as connecting your Pre to you computer and clicking a few buttons.
  6. #7  
    I have no idea. I am not a developer, and I don't play one on TV. The last program I wrote was in Visual Basic... But the webOS developer section if full of people that know this stuff. They will probably tell you that it's the easiest platform to develop on, and that the PDK will make it easy to port iPhone apps. I just don't know what any of that means...
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nope. The process is actually pretty easy. You can pretty much just copy/paste the commands needed. Once you have the WebOS Doctor modified, it's as simple as connecting your Pre to you computer and clicking a few buttons.
    can i use the terminal on the mac? or do i have to install ubuntu first? im sry i would normally not be so ignorant but i am new to the palm pre. Also, on the guide do i copy the code like this "sudo -s
    Insert password, hit Enter." also, what is the password? once again i apologize for my lack of knowledge
  8. #9  
    You need to follow the link in my first post and ask your questions there. That's where the developers are. They do this a lot. I am not technical enough to help you. Sorry.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wroachbarrette View Post
    can i use the terminal on the mac? or do i have to install ubuntu first? im sry i would normally not be so ignorant but i am new to the palm pre. Also, on the guide do i copy the code like this "sudo -s
    Insert password, hit Enter." also, what is the password? once again i apologize for my lack of knowledge
    I don't think you can use the Mac terminal to do this.

    As far as 'sudo -s' goes, your password will be the same password you use to log into Ubuntu.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think you can use the Mac terminal to do this.

    As far as 'sudo -s' goes, your password will be the same password you use to log into Ubuntu.
    for some reason i cant get ubuntu to install when i use vmware fusion to try to install this software it freezes on the install screen any ideas?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions