1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I just ordered my Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) from Amazon Wireless, and I would like some information. I would like to install some good applications, tweaks, etc. and I want to know what some other people would recommend. So please post some apps, tweaks, etc. that are useful, and give a brief description of what they do.

I am smart when it comes to technology in general so actually installing the apps and things shouldn't be a problem.

Phone's ETA is June 8th, 2010 which is only 5 days away.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Hi, Karo.. i'm a new user myself, sadly I have no advice to offer. Only had my Pre Plus for about a month.

Just wanted to say Welcome and encourage you to dig into the forums. Tons upon tons of good advice in here.
    well..it really depends on what YOU need. Patches are very dependent on what you would want.

I think a lot of people will tell you the following though

Overclock to 800mhz. (i personally use super pre kernel)
    Unthrottle download patch
    preware, save/backup utility
    battery monitor
    *twitter client of choice* (mine is tweed)
    digloo
    Faster card animations patch
    luna manager
    brightness unlinked
    nanplayer (when it is released...trumps the pre music player 1000times over)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I would browse the forums for good programs. What are you looking for in terms of programs?

For patches use Preware. It is somewhat involved getting it installed, but has many useful patches. Best part is when there is an OS upgrade you don't have to uninstall and reinstall your patches, you do need to re-download and install, but that is it.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cptsales View Post
    It is somewhat involved getting it installed
    I would disagree with this. I am an average PC user. I check this forum, email , facebook, and I can install an app from disc or download.

I did not find any issues with installing WebOS Quick Install then Preware from following the directions in those threads.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    First off, you should get Preware installed ASAP, since that is the easy way to install patches(without needing to go into developer mode with connecting to a computer when you want to add something).

Next up, the patch "Toggle 3G in menu English only" is VERY useful. This is one that SHOULD have been on the device from day one.

The My Notification homebrew app is pretty good, and while it isn't complete yet, what is in there works well.

Beyond those, it depends on what you are looking for. I set up the "show developer mode" patch just to avoid needing to type in the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart every time I wanted to toggle it.

There was the tip that came in fairly recently about turning your logging levels down to minimum, which really helps speed up your Pre Plus.

Welcome to the community, and I hope you love your Pre Plus. Unless you get a defective unit, I find the Pre Plus to be worlds better than the iPhone.
  7.    #8  
    Wow, thank you for all your replies. I expected it to take longer for you to reply because I'm not sure how many active members there are.

@ Keldog I have been digging in the forums and have found some apps and patches i will use when I get my Pre Plus. Thanks for the welcome.

@ kel101 I know that it depends on what i want, but i want some other people's suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll be sure to look into them.

@ cptsales I wasn't aware that I would have to redownload and reinstall my patches after an update. Thanks for the info. (I already knew about "Preware" but thanks for mentioning it)

@ Cantaffordit Thanks for the links.

@ tsnum4 Well it's good that you didn't find any issues with those programs because those are what i was planning on using.

@ Targon I was planning on installing Preware first thing anyways. I'm interested in the "Toggle 3G" (Which I'm assuming in a patch), and I'll look into the "My Notifications" app and the "show developer mode" patch. May I ask what you mean when you say "turning your logging levels down to minimum"? I'm sure I'm going to love my Pre Plus and I'm with you 100% about the iPhone (My brother has one and I hate it).
    Hi Karothacker, Welcome to PreCentral Why don't you go by here for a visit. http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #10  
    Thank you for the link. I haven't seen this thread yet.