1.    #1  
    I need to exchange my pre and i think i should prob remove preware before i bring it to sprint. Is this correct? I have tried searching but could not find a definitive answer.
    It's always a safe bet to remove anything that is not "official" when returning/exchanging your Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i had to send my pre back to palm after i got the cracked screen everyone was talking about... got it back with no preware on it lolz =]
  4.    #4  
    should i just dr it?
  5.    #5  
    ?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I also just had my launch day pre exchanged for a cracked screen. I did the full erase option from the launcher instead of running the Doc on it.
    I would doctor or full-erase, for sure.
  8.    #8  
    thanks
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have done it both ways and haven't had any issues with Sprint. Speaking of exchanging pre's, I'm about to have #4.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have returned 3 Pre's mostly for the headset mode issue. I never removed any patches, Preware, themes or any other personal changes. They never questioned anything and that was 2 different stores as well. One of many reasons I am sticking with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    my experience is also that you dont have to take it off. very early on i had to get a replacement for phone issues and i was worried about homebrew stuff so i took it all off, when i was talking to the guys at the store they said "oh that wasn't neccessary. we expect people to use that stuff"
    Yeah, the first time I exchanged I forgot to take my patches or preware off. The Sprint Store rep looked at my phone and said "you've got alot of patches on here, I like that!" and then promptly set my exchange up without any issues. I did make sure to take mobile hotspot off this time, though. Don't wanna push it.
    The only thing I'd be sure to take off would be any kernals if you have overclocked it.

When exchanging a device, it is also a good thing to perform a Secure Erase on the device and not Doctor it. The Doctor will not delete your USB files in case you have anything on there you don't want to share.