Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well about 10 minutes ago I had the Pre in my hand and went to flush. As I did the pre slipped out and dove head first into the toilet. I bought my pre this time last year and camped out at a sprint store for it.

Now what do I do as a Sprint Premier member?

1. Upgrade to HTC EVO (i've been debating this anyway for the lat couple of months)

2. Use my insurance plan and pay the $100 for a new Pre and wait for new Palm hardware device this fall. (I love webos)

I'm wondering if dropping the phone in toliet was karma for me to get the EVo.

crazy and confused now..
    I remember other "dropped my Pre in a toilet" threads, lol, so don't feel too bad about it.
    pull the back off
    pull the battery out
    rinse with distilled water
    shake to remove excess water
    put the phone in a plastic zip top bag
    cover the phone with a heaping quantity of (uncooked, dry) rice
    seal the bag
    let sit for a week
    put it back together and see if phone is functional
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 06/03/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Or
    3. Remove the battery, wash it off, dry it, then immerse the Pre in dry rice for 24 hours or so, and try again. This has helped a lot of people after a Pre bath. Might be worth a shot if you can stomach it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I dropped mine in a full cup of beer (don't ask) accidentally. I immediately pulled the battery and shook it out really well. I wasn't in the right state of mind to think to do much else. I let it sit over night and the next afternoon I turned it on and it worked. I got really lucky! Maybe you will have the same luck. If not, just get the EVO, since you are a premier member its only 199 if you are eligible for the upgrade. Kind of seems silly to spend $100 on another pre, unless you would rather keep the pre then go with that.
    So now you have a palm pee! (Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck with your phone. I'd be crying if I were in your shoes.)
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    personally, I'd get the phone replaced regardless of what you do with your upgrade. You can certainly sell it for at least what you have to pay for the insurance. And, you have it to fall back on if you grab an EVO and decide you don't like it...

My Centro puked (dead as a hammer without warning) about two weeks before I could take the time to buy a replacement and I was fortunate that I had my 755p in the drawer to fall back on. But, I like some things better on the Centro, so I got the insurance replacement. It's in my drawer with the 755p. If I ever need to go back, I can do it with just a quick call to the carrier.

I don't see any downside in you doing the same thing, even if you don't keep it... IMHO
    I am trying to imagine a circumstance in which I would be standing at a toilet AND have my phone in my hand.

Can't come up with one.

ha ha

I wish you luck.
    Dude, I feel for you. If I dropped 'any' smart phone into my toilet I'm afraid I would have to jettison it into the sun ;>
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Febreze!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I am trying to imagine a circumstance in which I would be standing at a toilet AND have my phone in my hand.

Can't come up with one. ...

I'll have to agree with you on this one point.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Didn't do it w/ my pre, but did the exact same thing with a Nextel Motorola flip phone 6 years ago....except that the phone slipped out of my hand just AFTER I flushed and away she went....my husband (then boyfriend) and I were a bit tipsy at actually had a good laugh and made a bet as to how many times it would ring in the sewer before it died.

I won. I got it to ring to VM 5 times before it stopped ringing and went right to VM, lol. He bet 3!!

And how it happens? For me, I had the phone sitting on top of the toilet paper dispenser (was out at a restaurant), used the toilet, stood up, did up my pants, grabbed my phone and for some reason I reached to flush with the same hand that was holding the phone.

I was really embarrassed to call up Nextel's insurance and tell them I flushed my phone down the toilet, though, so I think I did lie and tell them it was lost/stolen, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

Can't come up with one.
    ha ha
    I wish you luck.
    Hopefully, he had already flushed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Lmao, I swear, if it was any more than numero uno in there, I would've just let it go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    "I had the Pre in my hand and went to flush..."

I'd say, nope.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2489496]personally, I'd get the phone replaced regardless of what you do with your upgrade. You can certainly sell it for at least what you have to pay for the insurance. And, you have it to fall back on if you grab an EVO and decide you don't like it...

+1 The phone is worth well over $100.00 you might as well get your insurance worth regardless of whether or not you get the EVO.
    Boy thats crappy!
    I get extremely uncomfortable when my pre is near liquids. I always put it away when I am by water.
    Hope 'Logging' was set to minimal before it fell in.
    I wouldn't pay $100 bucks for a refrub I'll just get an evo you can always get the new webos phone next year
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast