1.    #1  
    Well, I sent my Pre for some repairs (to my insurance company).

At the time, they said they will repair it, now it seems they want to replace the device.

They said they are unable to get ahold of a Palm pre.

So "similar devices" will be offered.

So i was wondering, what do you think they would offer me?

granted hardware wise (in terms of processor etc) very few devices can match the Pre.
    However i highly doubt they would give me a Iphone 3gs....

So what do you guys think?

a blackberry? personally i have no clue :S
    It will be a Blackberry Bold 9700
    If you push back and tell them you won't accept anything else... they will find one for you. Sounds like someone at that company didn't feel like working very hard that day...
  4.    #4  
    they offered a n900, or htc hd2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    It will be a Blackberry Bold 9700
    If they offered that i'd take it
    Even though i already have one but what the hey! Sell it and buy another Pre
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    they offered a n900, or htc hd2.
    Ive heard some pretty bad things about the HD2 software wise.
    The two ive personally tried to fix for friends were random rebooting all of the time, couldnt access features, wouldnt register with windows 7, things like that.

I really dont know anything about the n900 but it looks okay.
    I would push the company for the pre and see what happens, if nothing happens find out which one you can sell for more, get it, sell it, get a pre
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    hd2 is windows mobile... Eeeeew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Ditto, not a big fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Windows Mobile skinned heavily with HTC Sense. It has received some damn good reviews, the best Windows Mobile phone out there. It has a huge screen.

The N900 is a good phone too but I think it is suited more to those who want to tinker with their phone.
    It's hard to believe they can't find a Palm Pre in there for you. Is this a permanent replacement or temporary?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Don't buy Nokia N900. I know phone is great but one bad thing. Resistive screen, no multitouch.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    It's hard to believe they can't find a Palm Pre in there for you. Is this a permanent replacement or temporary?
    permanent............:S

I'll see this week if they can source it from somewhere, or if i can get some more options.
    Ask for pre plus as i think the pre will soon be discontinued in favor of the pre plus
  14.    #14  
    well it seems they cant get ahold of a Pre or a Pre Plus. Seems O2 insurance are the only ppl who can and not my insurance ppl.....something to do with "exclusive to o2" sale thing.

Ah well, now waiting for an updated list of "alternatives".
    tell them you only want a pre , nothing else,they will manage to get u one