1.    #1  
    I live in Korea and use the Korean alphabet to text my friends here. I currently use a Cyon cell phone that has a Korean and English keyboard option. Does the PalmPre have a combination Korean/English keyboard available?
    Last edited by Lynn Ridenour; 06/02/2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Add additional information
    Nope. And I doubt palm will put that feature any time soon. If that's big deal for you, stay away from Palm.

and currently I can't even play Korean mp3, it crashes my Pre Plus.
    I'll bet there is another thread that addresses keyboard issues generally, but I'll jump on your bandwagon and ask for a traditional Chinese keyboard (phonetic, and changjie). I think you should search for the onscreen keyboard thread/dev and contact them as there might be real people who could help you in the homebrew world, but good luck getting anything from Palm.

Also, will a GSM Pre work on Korean frequencies/ network protocols? I'm thinking not, you and Japan have your own systems?
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    There needs to be a patch for that!!

If typing in Korean is important to you, Android phones are capable of doing it. Just have to install a free app from their app market.

Warning: Sometimes Asian characters aren't translated well and will end up with weird square symbols to the recipient. Helio WAS a good alternative.

Now only if there's a gostop game for Palm Pre... that'll make my phone complete!!
    Yeah, I wish i can play gostop game on my Pre