Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    My Pre came back repaired after just 6 days. All is well with it. All very efficient.
    my pre came back repaired twice all fine..but then the faults developed again, the third time they sent it back unfixed. From what i can tell they realign the screen to make it seem the oreo is fixed..

    give it two weeks and see if its still fixed
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    sorry to hear about your experience. I intentionally took out a busine
    As for the ops "other routes" thing o2 will replace your handset after 3 repairs for a refurb, which sucks imo as I once had a similar fault to you where the phone kept being returned broken and i ended up being without it for 6 weeks. I certainly wouldnt go for blackberry, ive got one and as functional as it is, moving to bb from webos is like stepping back in time. Retentions is the way forward, even if your not at the end of your contract, if your nearing just ask for your pac code and offer to pay up the remaining line rental to get out of your contract. 9/10 representatives will try and keep your business and offer you something to stay

    by the way, the desire rocks and I now have useable satnav/googlemaps which really is a godsend.
    Indeed retentions is the way to go, My dad (whos contract the pre is on) is a o2 select customer, when i tell the o2 call centre person, you can hear them get scared on the phone as they know he's an important customer.

    Will see how the palm head office handle my situation first before i resort to going to o2...maybe i should have gone to o2 inthe first place.
  3. #23  
    try to ask for the HTC desire, it seems its cheaper than the HTC HD2 (which was what i was offered, and it costs more in terms of excess than the desire, weird)
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    try to ask for the HTC desire, it seems its cheaper than the HTC HD2 (which was what i was offered, and it costs more in terms of excess than the desire, weird)
    yeah i just might...though i have spent a bit on accessories for thepre and about 30 on apps, would seem a bit of a waste if I'm honest.

    Though apart from the iphone4...I think the desire is the best smartphone on the market, is one I would consider getting
  5. #25  
    I have kicked up a right old stink and have a BRAND NEW HTC Desire on its way to me. Nice.

    Have played about with one a friend has and it looks very very good.. One thing i will miss is the Multitasking and that is about it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I have kicked up a right old stink and have a BRAND NEW HTC Desire on its way to me. Nice.

    Have played about with one a friend has and it looks very very good.. One thing i will miss is the Multitasking and that is about it.
    care to tell how, what you said etc, and how long youve had your pre for
  7. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I have kicked up a right old stink and have a BRAND NEW HTC Desire on its way to me. Nice.

    Have played about with one a friend has and it looks very very good.. One thing i will miss is the Multitasking and that is about it.

    just wait til you keep pressing the trackpad in the hope of minimising the app or trying in vain to "throw the app away" it takes some getting used to
  8. #28  
    I will end up trying to flick the app away for a bit no doubt but i wont be having a phone that falls apart, Everything is so much quicker and i will be able to download the apps that are pretty basic stuff on Android and iPhone..

    The Desire looks real nice and feels well built and is faster than the Pre. I also doubt i will be sending it back every week because something has gone wrong.

    I will look at the next webOS device but it will have to be made well and fast.
  9. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I will end up trying to flick the app away for a bit no doubt but i wont be having a phone that falls apart, Everything is so much quicker and i will be able to download the apps that are pretty basic stuff on Android and iPhone..

    The Desire looks real nice and feels well built and is faster than the Pre. I also doubt i will be sending it back every week because something has gone wrong.

    I will look at the next webOS device but it will have to be made well and fast.
    yes, speed is one of the noticeable things. The only time my pre felt as fast was when it was new or I had it overclocked. Ive got loads of apps open and theres no lag with the desire. I still love the simplicity of webos, ill certainly be keeping an eye on its development and future devices
  10. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I have kicked up a right old stink and have a BRAND NEW HTC Desire on its way to me. Nice.
    What did you say?
  11. #31  
    i had a big complaint with the insurance people and it went high up and the Desire was a little sorry for the problems.

    Lies, phones sent out that where broken, phones with other peoples data on it and phones sent out i didn't ask for.
  12. #32  
    little update, palm called me today saying they have sent a replacement device, though the guy didnt know whether it was a new phone or refurb. I assume since its from the head office and not the repair centre it is new..hopefully.

    Also they called to ask if they could take my screen protector off for testing, otherwise they would send the phone back to me...funny how they didnt ask me the other 3 times and just took the protector off... *sigh*
  13. #33  
    I wouldnt waste your time.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I wouldnt waste your time.
    if i have problems with the one they send me, then defiantly calling up o2, maybe get the htc. Though I really dont want to leave webos, it is a great platform.
  15. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #35  
    Got my 3rd replacement pre... more of the same issues all over again within 24 hours.... complained majorly... now have an HTC desire as replacement.... very snappy, Sharp screen, solid build.... no dropped calls at all, very fast browser, nice screen size. Struggling with on screen keyboard... not very intuitive OS... I just wish palm pre was better built. Pre had perfect form factor, physical keyboard... its such a shame because WeBOS is second to none as a smartphone OS period..... by far....
  16. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #36  
    Got my 3rd replacement pre... more of the same issues all over again within 24 hours.... complained majorly... now have an HTC desire as replacement.... very snappy, Sharp screen, solid build.... no dropped calls at all, very fast browser, nice screen size. Struggling with on screen keyboard... not very intuitive OS... I just wish palm pre was better built. Pre had perfect form factor, physical keyboard... its such a shame because WeBOS is second to none as a smartphone OS period..... by far....
  17. #37  
    well palm did send me a new pre..all good so far.
  18. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #38  
    miss webos...... like mad.... but i needed a phone that worked... hacked off
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    my pre came back repaired twice all fine..but then the faults developed again, the third time they sent it back unfixed. From what i can tell they realign the screen to make it seem the oreo is fixed..

    give it two weeks and see if its still fixed
    Well mine went back because of an issue with the speaker, not the "oreo" problem.

    It works fine now, but I'm not using it on a day to day basis as I've switched to the Pixi Plus in the meantime.
  20. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #40  
    we just had an fantastic experience with o2 repair. I gave my girlfriend my pre because of the next day exchange thing with my business contract so we decided to send hers away for repair before putting it on ebay because it has a faulty power button and massive oreo. The service was so good they sent it back in the exact same condition as what it was in when we sent it away and the turnaround for the experience was only 2 weeks!! fantastic.


    anyway needless to say she phones up and kicked up a stink so now they are going to do a doorstep exchange but then they had the nerve to insult her on the phone by telling her that they had had very few pre`s returned and that there were no build issues with palm pres and she was just unlucky!!. If theres anything wrong with this one im going to phone them myself and start demanding a different phone altogether
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions