Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    so I have 7 patches installed. No problem. Then I try to install the virtual keyboard patch and it's stuck on "success" for about 5 minutes. So I quit preware.

    then I try to uninstall it and it's stuck on "removing". So I try to close it and my phone freezes. Then I do a battery pull.

    the vk is gone which is great. It also appears that my patches are on the phone.

    when I try to open preware I get an error message with an "ok" button that allows me to press it. Then the rest of preware loads.

    when I look at preware it says I have no patches installed or apps installed. I really don't want to doctor my phone again. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    You can try Emergency Patch Recovery. That will get rid of all patches on your phone. You can search for it in Preware or WebOS Quick Install
  3.    #3  
    I tried it and it didn't work. My patches appear to be on my phone.
  4. #4  
    Ok. Have you tried WebOS Repair Utility?

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-01-a.html
  5.    #5  
    I uninstalled and reinstalled preware and it seemed to have solved the problem!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled preware and it seemed to have solved the problem!
    Good, problem solved!

    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
  7. #7  
    Just a quick question and I know it's not related to this topic

    I'm interested in the homebrew apps (not so much the hacks and tweaks) and I am just wondering if it's all ok and if theres a fault with my phone, I can get it exchanged?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    Just a quick question and I know it's not related to this topic

    I'm interested in the homebrew apps (not so much the hacks and tweaks) and I am just wondering if it's all ok and if theres a fault with my phone, I can get it exchanged?
    Yea, it's pretty safe to have homebrew on your phone. It is recommended to remove Preware and all homebrew apps/patches before taking your phone in for repair or replacement. Some people have been turned away by the store employee if they saw any homebrew apps. That doesn't happen every time though, it seems to vary by store. Some stores don't mind if you have homebrew on your Pre and need something fixed.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, it's pretty safe to have homebrew on your phone. It is recommended to remove Preware and all homebrew apps/patches before taking your phone in for repair or replacement. Some people have been turned away by the store employee if they saw any homebrew apps. That doesn't happen every time though, it seems to vary by store. Some stores don't mind if you have homebrew on your Pre and need something fixed.
    Cheers!

    EDIT: when you say remove homebrew apps and patches, does that mean using webOSdoctor?
    Last edited by sjholland87; 06/03/2010 at 08:25 AM.

Posting Permissions