Page 1 of 148 1234561151101 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

At this time there is no public information on when to expect a new webOS update. This is just so that we can merge all of the anticipation threads into one place.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/02/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    -ok I like this update however I hold a few reserves: 1) who records video with out option for video light?, 2) HORRIBLE battery life now, browsing net for 15min fresh off touchstone @ 100% I check it and I'm @ 87%!!! Ugh!,3) how to enable font through out the SYSTEM as whole, and in email( the color) who wants to manually change a color everytime.4) the browser refreshing if you access it and minimize it and go back into it it re loads what happened to "active" cards in background? 5) I wanna say I saw it some other instance but for now I do know when answering call it shows volume icon I'm assuming for the phone and my bluetooth ear piece and I have to ALWAYS increase the volume each and everytime ridicoulus
    a dr visit maybe will help, I don't have any of that going on and so far battery seems even more improved (than again I never had any reason to complain with the battery thankfully)
    The lack of maturity of some members on this forum is disconcerting. Take a trip to the Doctor, the majority have had no problems with the update, the rest can be solved via patches.
    So what did we learn from this thread kiddies?

Well, let's take a look...

1. Bipolar himself, personally isn't happy with his video recording feature. Hey bi, the flip mino, flip mino hd, most of the prosumer camera market including dvx 100, hvx200, RED, cannon XL1, cannon Xl2, HPX 170, etc. do not have built in lights... Why, because it's amateur. If you want a built in light go purchase a 1992 VHS camera.

2. YOUR battery life is terrible. Most of ours is awesome. I had my phone off the charger for 3 1/2 hours yesterday and I was still at 100 percent. So it's not a problem with 1.4 or Palm Pre phones.... It's a problem with YOUR phone specifically.

3. A color scheme!?!? seriously?

My phone is top notch. most of the people on here are loving their phone and think theirs is top notch as well. Sorry YOURS is not.
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    The browser page reload bug has existed far too long mind. Defeats the point of multitasking if you can't load something in the background and go back to it! Does my head in
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    The browser page reload bug has existed far too long mind. Defeats the point of multitasking if you can't load something in the background and go back to it! Does my head in
    Yeah, this is something that Palm really needs to get on top of, and soon. Otherwise, this has been a fantastic update, IMO. As for the OP's video recording gripe, there's a patch that activates the LED light on the video recorder; I installed it, and it works great. However, if you were complaining about your battery life now, don't expect it to get any better if you're doing a lot of recording in the dark with your LED on...

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    YES!
    This has been driving me INSANE.

(No, i wasn't insane before i got the Pre.)
    (Although, if you ask my wife, she'll probably beg to differ.)
    And if you want light for your video, there's a patch for that:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2259784
    I noticed that my battery life is pretty bad after the patch too. I called my buddy that has a pre and he also said that his battery is horrible after the update.
    well op this is a phone first and camera second. You want a light enables go buy a real camera. The one on the pre will drain ur battery faster(and you will scream more at the battery after you install the patch with out even thinkin) and I really do think it won't light up as much. Why do we need 1.4.5?
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/02/2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    Yeah, this is something that Palm really needs to get on top of, and soon. Otherwise, this has been a fantastic update, IMO. As for the OP's video recording gripe, there's a patch that activates the LED light on the video recorder; I installed it, and it works great. However, if you were complaining about your battery life now, don't expect it to get any better if you're doing a lot of recording in the dark with your LED on...

Regards,
    Adam
    where the hell do u find this patch? Ive been looking everywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    well op this is a phone first and camera second. You want a light enables go buy a real camera. The one on the pre will drain ur battery faster(and you will scream more at the battery after you install the patch with out even thinkin) and I really do think it won't light up as much. Why do we need 1.4.5?
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/02/2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I can also say after the 1.4 update, my battery life is horrid. I havent even touched the video camera
    Actually, you do know that there´s been a patch out for quite some time on preware which fixes the browser refresh? It still works with 1.4 so no more headaches
    I must say that my battery life has been hurting since the update however i wonder if a dr might fix the problem. I am not really going to worry about it until I know if it's something that I might have caused somehow because as I understand it palm did focus alot of their energy on battery life improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post

2. YOUR battery life is terrible. Most of ours is awesome. I had my phone off the charger for 3 1/2 hours yesterday and I was still at 100 percent. So it's not a problem with 1.4 or Palm Pre phones.... It's a problem with YOUR phone specifically.
    The stock battery life of a Pre is.... Awesome? Don't know what aftermarket hockey puck you're using, but the stock Pre battery life is adequate at best.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Battery life hasn't been an issue since the upgrade, had the monitor app on yesterday and have about a 2 percent drain per usual. Using the 1350 Seidio one which has worked great since I got it. Have a few patches installed and have to say that the Preware guys are awesome.

Have to agree with the previous poster, if you are having issues, it is with your phone. Start troubleshooting it step by step, see if there is an app or a patch you installed that could be causing issues. Everyone is here to help if you do your part.
    My battery life hasn't changed, maybe a little better, but then again, my usage didn't suddenly change after the update. Still making it 14-16 hours on a charge, no problem. I'm not trying to use it as a computer/game console/video camera at the same time, though.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    There's a patch to fix the reloading too. Mine never does it anymore.
Page 1 of 148 1234561151101 ... LastLast