Queue everyone: "OMFG WHERE DID U HEAR DAT FROM!?!?!?!?"

... sigh.
    would a developer strike help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The update is coming. Just hang on.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Queue everyone: "OMFG WHERE DID U HEAR DAT FROM!?!?!?!?"

... sigh.
    Well, ryley is not lying. He (or she) didn't say when it is coming. Just that is coming.
  5. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    A small, unsolicited suggestion for the neurotics who are creaming their pants over this missing update:

It's not even a full point release. Yes, PDKs are nice and all that, but we're talking about 1.4.5 -- not even 1.5, much less 2.0. If you want "new", overclock your phone if it's not. Find some new cool stuff in Preware. Do so while drinking a good single malt. You'll live longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    A small, unsolicited suggestion for the neurotics who are creaming their pants over this missing update:

It's not even a full point release. Yes, PDKs are nice and all that, but we're talking about 1.4.5 -- not even 1.5, much less 2.0. If you want "new", overclock your phone if it's not. Find some new cool stuff in Preware. Do so while drinking a good single malt. You'll live longer.
    Yea, but not only is that "half point" release givings us PDK, but it also had a substantial amount to do with the Hot Apps Comp. Twas supposed to be a big thing.

Now, not only do US users get ignored and left behind, but also get to watch big events like that crumble. It doesn't make the network providers look bad, it makes Palm look bad... wether it was their fault or not.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I sure hope so Louis. Ive heard people say some Android phones they just stop updating them at a certain point. Of course I know nothing about Android so I dont even know if thats true but it made me think for sure.
    One thing you have to remember is that it is the phone manufacturer that makes the updates, and then the carriers that release them. So if Samsung or Motorolla abandon a device, then updates won't be released.

Since HP/Palm is still doing the updates for our devices, we can expect that EVENTUALLY those updates will get released. I just find it annoying that Apple releases a tiny update and it goes out instantly, while we are stuck waiting three months for AT&T to do a "proper QA process" for the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. I have no idea what is going on over at Verizon or Sprint to hold things up.

I at least was able to get the info about the QA process as the reason for the delay on AT&T out of the warranty department, so perhaps those on Verizon or Sprint could try the same thing to find out WHY things are delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    Well, ryley is not lying. He (or she) didn't say when it is coming. Just that is coming.
    I know, I was just making fun of what this thread's reaction would be to his statement.
    When will att pixi get 1.4.5? The at&t customer service said they don't know anything regarding an update for the pixi.
    1.4.5 will not be released on the Pixi on AT&T. Confirmed.
    Damn, I hope verizon does!
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    1.4.5 will not be released on the Pixi on AT&T. Confirmed.
    proof of confirmation... Plz
    It's not confirmed. No one really knows.
    Has anybody heard word of a verizon update for the pixi+?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Has anybody heard word of a verizon update for the pixi+?
    nope.
    this thread has become so boring. There is nothing to anticipate anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    proof of confirmation... Plz
    No problem.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Amazing.
    louis6279 I pm'd you another link, let me know if it worked
    EOM
    it's my birthday and I want this stupid update. It's just annoying waiting at the ready to remove patches/themes/kernels...