Page 91 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2953
    I want PDK apps too...
    Who wants to give shane the 1.4.5 doctor?
    Ditto! Verizon Pre +
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I'd love the file too
    Just noticed, Verizon isn't available. For anyone that wants it just follow this:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Get all the doctor you want!
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    neither is sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    Just noticed, Verizon isn't available. For anyone that wants it just follow this:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Get all the doctor you want!
    Except for current versions, these links are no longer active.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Except for current versions, these links are no longer active.
    Yup. So... If anyone would like to PM me the doctor for my Sprint Pixi that would be amazing..
    PM me too for my Sprint Pre
    I need to just throw this out there. Not sure if anyone else has. Probably. But is it possible that they just arent going to give us future updates at all and are going to release a new device with 2.0 leaving us current US Pre/Pixi owners with 1.4.1 forever? That would really suck since Ive just taken a downgrade to a Pixi+ from a Pre. Only reason I did it was because I felt it was worth it until this update finally lands. If it never happens thats a totally different story though.
    No, they'll give us 2.0 too
    I sure hope so Louis. Ive heard people say some Android phones they just stop updating them at a certain point. Of course I know nothing about Android so I dont even know if thats true but it made me think for sure.
    You gotta realize, there are well over 50 android phones out there. palm only has 4. Palm couldn't abandon any of their phones, because it would hurt a large percentage of their customers.
    I wouldn't mind experimenting on my spare device if anyone feels like sharing...
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    You gotta realize, there are well over 50 android phones out there. palm only has 4. Palm couldn't abandon any of their phones, because it would hurt a large percentage of their customers.
    It's not just the number of different models, it's how vastly different their specs are and how quickly the various manufactures are cranking out higher end models. At least the mod community is helping out those "older" phones by bringing the newer updates over when the manufactures won't.

Of course in Android world a phone that's over a year old is basically considered obsolete.
    Palm can't afford to abandon current users. If they didn't update the current devices I definitely would jump ship to Android next time. I've got over a year left on my contract though before i'm due for an upgrade. I think at this point they might skip 1.4.5 for a 1.5 update. I'm hoping they'll either include Flash support or at least fix the Verizon GPS issues.
    The big thing is this isn't a Palm issue (technically) it is a carrier issue. Palm has not made the choice to not update certain phones, carriers have made the choice to not update certain phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The big thing is this isn't a Palm issue (technically) it is a carrier issue. Palm has not made the choice to not update certain phones, carriers have made the choice to not update certain phones.
    Well as the months continue to roll by here and nothing is happening, its time HP take matters into their own hands with the carriers. They can't just be placed on the back burner like this. HP has already said they have an amazing relationship with all the carriers, so well, do something about it! You have basically already turned your PDK Hot Apps program into a complete failure. How do you draw developers to your platform when most users can't even access the apps you submit? Enough time has been wasted here, they simply can't just shrug this off and let it go..
    Originally posted 6/11/10

Posted by Jon no h
    "I don't think there is much to worry about. 1.4.5 is far away."

Reply by someone on this forum:
    "Its not that far off its been sent to sprint already for testing"

Hmmm....
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Well at this point, I think that the update is not coming.