Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I didnt ask "for" it. I asked if it existed. The many many people requesting links to it before me on this thread asked "for" it.
    I didn't say you did... I'm just reminding everyone about the rules.
    Five new pdk apps dropped today. Radiant is cool, a couple of my friends have it on their evos.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I didn't say you did... I'm just reminding everyone about the rules.
    I understand the rules and understand its your job to enforce them. The reason I ask if it is out there is Im starting to wonder with switching to Verizon am I going to be waiting months and months on end after Sprint finally lets this update through for Verizon to finally do the same. I will be losing several apps that want 1.4.5 in order to run by downgrading to the Pixi+ from the Pre. Its worth it only because my husband and kids will also be getting Pixi+'s on this new plan (and his work gives a 20% discount but if I get a Pre+ they want a HUGE deposit) but knowing the devs using Verizon have at least seen this version of WebOS working with Verizon will make me feel a tad better about the things Im about to lose. Having a little separation anxiety about losing my Pre is all.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Lol. This is getting out of hand...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I say a WebOS 2.0 anticipation thread gets started. If it does get released by the end of the year, it will have a shorter lifetime that the 1.4.5 thread, making the 2.0 wait somehow easier to bear. That's the ticket...
    its been a while since an update any body know when there will be a new one
    no need for a new thread.....go here

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    :0 I know that person.
    Would it be so hard to let us know if you gotta recert?

Then we could quit holding our breath.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I say a WebOS 2.0 anticipation thread gets started. If it does get released by the end of the year, it will have a shorter lifetime that the 1.4.5 thread, making the 2.0 wait somehow easier to bear. That's the ticket...
    If webos 2.0 does not come out by the end of the year as Jon has stated. I will be jumping ships to the faster moving one.

Webos is great, but its being passed by quickly. Im holding on becuase of the synergy. If anyone gets that type of intergration into the contacts I would be hard pressed not to leave to a different phone.

Im personally tired of all the "talking" and no action.

HP; its great and all what you PLAN to do with webos. Talk is just that TALK.
    5 months of thread anticipation, 92 pages of everything from excitement to jokes, to pure hatred, the whole world gets the update while the US sits around in the dark for months not knowing if they will ever even receive the update, a PDK Hot Apps program running for 22 days with hardly any participants, and a supposed 2.0 to be released this year still.. Priceless! (For all other mobile OS's, there's Mastercard.)
  11.    #1791  
    We opened this thread to the public months ago when we thought (as Palm did) that 1.4.5 was about to be released to the US. Many of us had received an email from Palm saying, "The next version of webOS is coming soon..." back in April.

All in all, this may be the calmest we have all been at such a time.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    (For all other mobile OS's, there's Mastercard.)
    Tell that to the Android users that have been and still are waiting for 2.1 (now over 8 months old) let alone 2.2.
    so, I can't help but to keep feeling left out.. Sprint is still on webOS 1.4.1.1, so, are they for real going to just hold off on pushing out any update until webOS 1.5 or 2.0?

I'm just bummed to keep seeing apps land in our app cat that are not for my OS version.. Like I said, feeling left out..

of course, it's not the end of the world by any means, so I'm not too worried about it, but just curious what the hold up is at this point.. We are a month away from when the 1.4.5 release was pushed to the carriers..
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    My biggest concern is my overlooking the Dial by Voice functionality. I thought it would be in the phone by default or there would be an app. I have been using the Palm smart phone since the old Keracea (sp?) phone. I have used the voice dialing capabilities quite often so I hope that with this patch we will see those apps be developed.

Yes I know many of you do not use the voice dial but for me it has worked great in various vehicles I drive. Now that I just replaced a 20 yr old radio in my car with one that has blue tooth syncing with cell phone as well as support for voice dialing if the phone has the application.

I think Palm missed the boat a bit by not insuring that these minimal functions were included which have become kind of expected to be there. I mean really how many themes can you have for Chess or Solitary.

Then again the WebOS is new for Palm and working for a Software Dev Firm I understand the process of new development. Just my thoughts on this matter though it does bother me about the US market being left out of an update to the OS but then again we do not know all the facts, perhaps it is the carriers themselves not pushing the update or for what ever reason the FCC could be blocking it, until some one does say why we do not know and will of course speculate. Dē
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    If webos 2.0 does not come out by the end of the year as Jon has stated. I will be jumping ships to the faster moving one.

Webos is great, but its being passed by quickly. Im holding on becuase of the synergy. If anyone gets that type of intergration into the contacts I would be hard pressed not to leave to a different phone.

Im personally tired of all the "talking" and no action.

HP; its great and all what you PLAN to do with webos. Talk is just that TALK.
    webOS is actually the fastest moving software platform. Android's are really variable, and Apple only gives hacker exploit fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Well, don't expect that to remain.. as HardBeatz pointed out, the frequency of the updates has slowed down. I'm guessing the reason they were monthly for awhile was they were playing catchup on lack of features on a new OS but I'd be surprised if they continue to release so regularly after 2.0, probably becomes more like Android.
    I give up, can someone PM me with a link to the webos Dr. For 1.4.5 (Sprint)? Thanks in advance!
    I bet 1.4.5 will be out tonight! Now I'll have to wait till midnight to verify it!

*this guess is based on optimism, not any actual facts
    well, I got the file (TY TY TY) will install on my phone and if all goes well, the wife will get it too... New PDK apps, here I come!