Page 9 of 148 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Is it possible that we will be seeing apps ported over from, for instance the iPhone?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    From what it sounds from reports of developers working on the PDK, there is not a lot of turnover time needed to port from other platforms. This very well may allow us to start seeing a lot more apps/games from iPhone, and maybe Android as well.

As for timing of a 1.4.5 release...it seems that we may be expecting it end of May-ish...My thoughts are that the Pixi Plus on AT&T is releasing June 4th -if I were Palm, I'd be making sure 1.4.5 was on the Pixi and allow it to have some 3D gaming available on launch...but that's just my thoughts...
    isn't the pre on at&t already out? But yes the update will be somewhere near the end of the month.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i'd like to finally see gpu implementation into the ui
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    agreed 100000%.. for the love of god, its been a year.. wth are they waiting for
    Hey, cut it out with that intelligent stuff...
    If At&t has 1.4.2 already, is it crazy to expect something for Sprint and Verizon users soon? Oh, I'm sorry, Sprint this month and Verizon in December?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I have to say I'm not impressed with the quality of most apps. Hopefully soon we will see an improvement.

Thanks for your replies everyone
    1.4.2 is basically 1.4.1 with some changes to acommodate the GSM (not GPS) radio on the AT&T Pre (or so I read).
    1.4.5 is supposed to bring standard developer (us mortals) PDK apps to our devices, but hybrid PDK apps will have to wait, as far as I know, those beasts can be built with the newest PDK, but can't be distributed yet.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 05/18/2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: GSM, not GPS, sorry :)
    Better software correction for the ****ty VZW Pre Plus keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    1.4.2 is basically 1.4.1 with some changes to acommodate the GPS radio on the AT&T Pre (or so I read).
    1.4.5 is supposed to bring standard developer (us mortals) PDK apps to our devices, but hybrid PDK apps will have to wait, as far as I know, those beasts can be built with the newest PDK, but can't be distributed yet.
    You mean GSM? Cause that's the presumed change.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You mean GSM? Cause that's the presumed change.
    Yeah, that's what I meant, corrected
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Adobe has recently videoed somone using flash on the palm pres browser. I hope this feature isnt too far away...
    Based on what I heard in the palmcast tonight, it sounds like we should be expecting 1.4.5 within a month or so, and that means it will likely land on verizon in a little less than two months from now. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes AT&T to get the updates out compared to verizon and sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    I'm bettin it will be the bigger jump to 2.0 before we see that.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Tl12000 View Post
    Adobe has recently videoed somone using flash on the palm pres browser. I hope this feature isnt too far away...
    I wouldn't care less right now. It's adobe's call, not Palm's
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I got a fevah.

And tha only cure...

is moar updates.
    This may be the first time an update anticipation thread has not included lots of calls for specific features. Okay, sure, there are still things we want, but I think a lot of users are feeling more or less satisfied right now with webOS.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    lmao...the anticipation is killing me. We're like addicts for these updates I swear...but I'm a loyal addict nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    updates are beautiful