Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's standard business practice that Palm has always followed even before the HP acquisition. Most companies say as little as possible about any product details, whether that is new device, new updates, or future plans.

In any case in MY opinion I feel anyone is being absurd when they feel like they are "owed" an explanation.
    Well more companies need to adopt HTC's business practice.
    My cousin has this friend who has a sister who's girlfriend's brother's buddy knows a dude who works with a guy that plays cards with a man married to a woman who's sister's husband's brother talked with a person 'in the know' and they said they heard that no-one is saying publicly why it isn't out yet. So really... how can you argue with someone like that?
    Well we paid for the devices, were told we can play 3D games on the pixi, new apps are coming out that requires the update, so If I ask Sprint or Palm why can't I use these new apps/games, should they just tell us "sorry you just can't" and no further explanation?

I do agree from their perspective not saying anything might be better than the alternative, but I do think the release agreement should be altered so that Palm has control to release stable builds, which aside from a write permissions bug that is easily fixed 1.4.5 seems pretty stable from all the feedback I have read.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Well more companies need to adopt HTC's business practice.
    What practice is that? Building phones for other companies? HTC doesn't own the OS... they release updates as they come and if they are delayed, only tell people what is told to them. If an update like Froyo doesn't come out for a certain HTC phone, they don't say why. They just release it when it is available.

Sorry... getting back on topic now
    I'd be happy with a "we don't know why the bug is messing with stuff and it will tke 3 months to figure out."

Anything is better then nothing at this poit cuz it sure seems like the people that helped Palm by getting Pre's and Pixi's are being mostly ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    My cousin has this friend who has a sister who's girlfriend's brother's buddy knows a dude who works with a guy that plays cards with a man married to a woman who's sister's husband's brother talked with a person 'in the know' and they said they heard that no-one is saying publicly why it isn't out yet. So really... how can you argue with someone like that?
    :0 I know that person.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    What practice is that? Building phones for other companies? HTC doesn't own the OS... they release updates as they come and if they are delayed, only tell people what is told to them. If an update like Froyo doesn't come out for a certain HTC phone, they don't say why. They just release it when it is available.

I think they meant building crap phones.

I meant that HTC always "leaks" or gives hints for new devices. I know we're discussing 1.4.5, but I had to sneak in a quick hardware reference. But I've seen at least two occasions where they have explained why a particular update was not released and when it would be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I think they meant building crap phones.
    Meh... For all that's said about build quality.. I love the Pre and haven't experienced anything more than I've experienced with the Android devices I've owned. (outside of a USB crack I had)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I meant that HTC always "leaks" or gives hints for new devices. I know we're discussing 1.4.5, but I had to sneak in a quick hardware reference. But I've seen at least two occasions where they have explained why a particular update was not released and when it would be released.

I understand...but those 'leaks' happened because other devices were getting upgrades.. so it wasn't really much of a leak.

Anyhoo... back on to the great 1.4.5 anticipation debate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I'd be happy with a "we don't know why the bug is messing with stuff and it will tke 3 months to figure out."

Anything is better then nothing at this poit cuz it sure seems like the people that helped Palm by getting Pre's and Pixi's are being mostly ignored.
    Even if it was just a quick Twitter update from one of the MANY Palm employees who tweet regularly, it would help.
    The difference in this case is that 1.4.5 was distributed to the rest of the world without comment, but not to the US. What's with that?
    Last edited by johncc; 08/05/2010 at 07:28 PM.
    Anyhoo... back on to the great 1.4.5 anticipation debate...
    Awww really, not while the thread is moving fast again. Ha.
    I don't even want the update right away, I have my updates turned off. It's not that I'm impatient for it to hit, it's just a little off that no one is saying anything at all!!
    Im sure this has been asked but is there a 1.4.5 dev dr version available for Verizon Pixi+ or no? Im giving up my Sprint Pre for a Verizon Pixi+ tomorrow. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Im sure this has been asked but is there a 1.4.5 dev dr version available for Verizon Pixi+ or no? Im giving up my Sprint Pre for a Verizon Pixi+ tomorrow. Thanks.
    There is nothing that can be posted or shared here. Any dev versions are for the devs.. please do not ask for them in the forums.
    I am a dev but did not receive a link for a Dr. what constitutes a Dev that should have access to the Dr.?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Okay, I cant seem to find anyone with an answer. When is this ish dropping?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    <<Thread Merged>>

Quote Originally Posted by derek5L View Post
    Okay, I cant seem to find anyone with an answer. When is this ish dropping?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Seriously? You can't find an answer? Even in this big thread?
    There is nothing that can be posted or shared here. Any dev versions are for the devs.. please do not ask for them in the forums.
    I didnt ask "for" it. I asked if it existed. The many many people requesting links to it before me on this thread asked "for" it.