Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2953
    Me too
    Jesus is my focus...Everything else is blurry!
    --Isaac Compton
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Current conspiracy theories (sorry if I missed yours)

1. The update is being held off until the Froyo update launches
    2. ATT is two months out
    3. US is skipping 1.4.5 and going to webOS 2.0

I think that's it
    Hardly likely to calm things down. I think US users are overdue for an explanation.

2. ATT is two months out

I think that's it
    A variation on #3, someone suggested that 1.4.5 was being skipped to wait for 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Hardly likely to calm things down. I think US users are overdue for an explanation.
    I was answering someone's question, it's what I do. I'm not here to "comfort" people.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Yes. I think we should rename this thread to the WebOS 2.0 Anticipation.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

2. ATT is two months out

I think that's it
    You can expect that people will speculate, even wildly, when there is no communication from Palm. Being derisive about it seems silly.
    I think it's pretty entertaining. LOL

4. Carriers told Palm to fix the problem, so they have to re-undergo the certification process
    5. Carriers are holding off on releasing the update to drive people to buy Android phones
    It's only entertaining if you like the reality that we may be waiting until June of 2011 for webOS 2.0 at this snail pace! I for one don't find it entertaining at all. Been with them since launch day on Sprint June of 09 and am in dire need of at least some sort of hardware announcement to stick around.. This quiet game they've been playing is really getting annoying.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's only entertaining if you like the reality that we may be waiting until June of 2011 for webOS 2.0 at this snail pace! I for one don't find it entertaining at all. Been with them since launch day on Sprint June of 09 and am in dire need of at least some sort of hardware announcement to stick around.. This quiet game they've been playing is really getting annoying.
    I think we're all quite aware of your frustration and opinions on what Palm "owes us" and needs to do to retain your loyalty.

It's just a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I've been dealing with the warranty group that has more contact with OS releases than low level tech support. This may be something you missed, where the information comes from. The 1-2 month time frame was also as of today, not from the time the update was sent to AT&T.

This isn't "inside information", this is the results of pushing AT&T warranty people for information, and rather than the usual "we have nothing to tell you", I was able to push to get some information, no matter how little you may think of it.

Inside information would be having a person working at AT&T who actually knows something. That was never the case here.

Dude you are one of about 5 posts I have seen that have gotten some kind of information from their carrier.

Sorry dude, you've got bad information. As I said in my post, not saying the release won't drop in 1 to 2 months, I AM saying that there is no real information publicly available on the OTA being pushed. Plain and simple.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I think it's pretty entertaining. LOL

5. Carriers are holding off on releasing the update to drive people to buy Android phones
    Now THAT's funny! It got me out of my limbo frustration and brightened my day.

Thanks
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    I think we're all quite aware of your frustration and opinions on what Palm "owes us" and needs to do to retain your loyalty.

It's just a phone.
    A smart phone is not *just* a phone. If thats how you feel about it, why aren't you using a motorolla razor? I happen to use mine more than a PC now for various things and when it is still too slow to use when overclocked, that means new hardware needs to be announced..
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    A smart phone is not *just* a phone. If thats how you feel about it, why aren't you using a motorolla razor? I happen to use mine more than a PC now for various things and when it is still too slow to use when overclocked, that means new hardware needs to be announced..
    No, you're right. It's not *just* a phone, as you say. But that's not what I was getting at, which I suspect you know.

OTOH, it's also *NOT* meant to be a computer replacement. If you need that level of mobile computing capacity, I would suggest a netbook or small laptop with a mobile broadband connection.
    Relative to the 1.4.5 release, if that's enough to make you this upset, then seriously: why wait for it? Given that it's so important to you (i.e., it's not "just a phone"), and that the 1.4.5 delay is obviously so detrimental to your use of such a vital tool, why are you still waiting for it?

I mean, the Palm that created webOS and made a device that's so important to you is the same company that has released 1.4.5 to the carriers and hasn't yet communicated with you about its status, as you'd like them to. Why are you so unforgiving of their delay (which comes in the midst of their being acquired by another company), when they've created a product that obviously gives you something very important in your life?

For myself, I'm just sure that Palm (and HP) are working as hard as they can to continue to put out great products. I'll give them the slack they need while they MERGE TWO COMPANIES TOGETHER, understanding that perhaps this process is slowing some other things down. But, my golly, if you feel so strongly, then why in the world are you staying with the platform?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    The 1.4.5 upgrade has nothing to do with new hardware.
    If your complaint is about new hardware, how about another thread (btw, Palm has already said new hardware is coming)
    If you need 1.4.5 that badly - download it, Doctor your phone, and reinstall your apps.
    If you've been following this thread, you'd know I've already been running 1.4.5 for 2 weeks. The only reason I mentioned hardware was in response to kuoirad. Apologies for going off topic. While you stick up for Palm so strongly, don't forget Palm is now 20 days into their PDK Hot Apps contest and for that reason alone, they owe an explanation as to why it wasn't delayed while 85% of their customers can't participate in it. But the masses are being left in the dark as to why the contest is going and they aren't in on it. I'll stop my rant now.. Not trying to **** anyone off. Just lots of frustration and lack of patience.
    If you've been following this thread, you'd know I've already been running 1.4.5 for 2 weeks. The only reason I mentioned hardware was in response to kuoirad. Apologies for going off topic. While you stick up for Palm so strongly, don't forget Palm is now 20 days into their PDK Hot Apps contest and for that reason alone, they owe an explanation as to why it wasn't delayed while 85% of their customers can't participate in it. But the masses are being left in the dark as to why the contest is going and they aren't in on it. I'll stop my rant now.. Not trying to **** anyone off. Just lots of frustration and lack of patience.
    Fair enough, and your point about developers and the PDK Hot Apps contest is well taken. I'm guessing, though, that once the 1.4.5 release question is resolved, Palm will adjust the program. I seem to remember them doing the same with the original Hot Apps program (although I could be mistaken), and there's certainly precedent from their extending the 50% off program.

Until 1.4.5 is released by the carriers, however, I'm not sure what Palm can say other than what they've already said: updates are released by the carriers, and they have no control over that process. And they can't do anything about the PDK Hot Apps contest because even if they wanted to extend it to account for the delay, they wouldn't know how long to do so.
    Last edited by wynand32; 08/04/2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I can appreciate your desire for a new hardware announcement -- I'd like a new phone, too (my upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket).

But this is the webOS 1.4.5 anticipation thread....
    Ben has said he can't comment on when exactly 1.4.5 is going to be released. Leave it alone. It's in the hands of the carriers. BTW, no 1.4.5 for AT&T Pixi users.

Speculation: They didn't delay the PDK Hot Apps contest because of initial developer backlash from the original delay in the contest. I think there was a thread in the Palm Dev forum that mentioned it, and they were pretty angry.
  20. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    For you guys running 1.4.5 via doctoring, is there any reason to just do it as is (speed, stability, etc.)?