Page 84 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2953
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Why doesn't Palm just release 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor for all carriers? That way, those of us who really want it now can have it. Argh.
    Ask the carriers. I think the best option of "who's to blame" is with them. They have to give their ok before Palm can make it available for OTA updates.
    I'm done with webOS. Can't wait any longer. I am getting an EVO. Just got eligible for an upgrade 8-1-10 and I'm making the switch. When will Palm/HP learn? Don't they understand customers? Many of us would have stayed if we were given a reason to. I/we need to see something (maybe a picture) that assures us there is a hardware worth waiting for. Just making promises of new devices will not be enough (we got used to flash f-ups). I have waited a long time for a concrete announcement. Being that I can wait so long, it shouldn't be a problem to wait one more year using an EVO... maybe by then (when I will be eligible for another upgrade) we would have something out geez!!
    Wow the back and forth really gets annoying. These "anticipation" threads have almost become pointless...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Wow the back and forth really gets annoying. These "anticipation" threads have almost become pointless...
    Just almost?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by edgar780 View Post
    I'm done with webOS. Can't wait any longer. I am getting an EVO. Just got eligible for an upgrade 8-1-10 and I'm making the switch. When will Palm/HP learn? Don't they understand customers? Many of us would have stayed if we were given a reason to. I/we need to see something (maybe a picture) that assures us there is a hardware worth waiting for. Just making promises of new devices will not be enough (we got used to flash f-ups). I have waited a long time for a concrete announcement. Being that I can wait so long, it shouldn't be a problem to wait one more year using an EVO... maybe by then (when I will be eligible for another upgrade) we would have something out geez!!
    A done with webos post when all of your posts have been in anticipation threads?

Personally I am happy HP and Palm haven't jumped the gun on new product announcement. Look at it this way, the Pre was announced in January (6 months before launch) it still took you personally another 2 (or 3 months actually if you aren't up for upgrade until Aug 1) to get a Pre.

The market doesn't work that way any more, devices are coming out to quickly, I hope they don't announce til more than a month out from release, keeps the news fresh and hopefully with drive some demand (unlike giving all the competition 6 months to try and announce a device equal to or better than yours).
    Well the "anticipation" should have been over in "late May/early June" anyway. It's like Palm doesn't realize that something as small as an update DOES cause them to lose customers. But for me, I'm happy with the Pre, there are many more serious things in life to worry about than a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    Has anyone tried going down to their local sprint repair center and asking if they could update your pre to 1.4.5. thats what they installed on my pre after they repaired it last sunday.. figured if your close enough to a repair center it couldnt hurt to just ask... cause i know for a fact they have it.
    this is a good point. I don't believe that just one repair center in the country has 1.4.5. People should get out and bug repair centers.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Well the "anticipation" should have been over in "late May/early June" anyway. It's like Palm doesn't realize that something as small as an update DOES cause them to lose customers. But for me, I'm happy with the Pre, there are many more serious things in life to worry about than a phone.
    Actually, Palm probably realises that the tiny tiny number of people in forums like PreCentral have no real impact on their sales at all. Sure they want to keep us happy, but it's insignificant compared to the number of sales through carrier relationships in the bigger picture.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, Palm probably realises that the tiny tiny number of people in forums like PreCentral have no real impact on their sales at all. Sure they want to keep us happy, but it's insignificant compared to the number of sales through carrier relationships in the bigger picture.

-- Rod
    Not to mention a percentage of the tiny number of tech geeks in forums like this are always going to go to what their own perceived "best" is, no matter what their current phone manufacturer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    But for me, I'm happy with the Pre, there are many more serious things in life to worry about than a phone.
    I am with you there!

-- Rod
    As usual, good point! LOL.
    I wish I didn't hear about update. It is so much nicer when it just shows up.

And I can't stop coming to check on Pre Central. I am a Pre Central addict, I think!
    /me wants Crusade of Destiny.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Once again incorrect information..... US carriers have had the update for eh about 2 months now, so the QA period you have been quoted is already up.

Not your fault, you just aren't going to get anything from the carriers in the way of inside information.
    I've been dealing with the warranty group that has more contact with OS releases than low level tech support. This may be something you missed, where the information comes from. The 1-2 month time frame was also as of today, not from the time the update was sent to AT&T.

This isn't "inside information", this is the results of pushing AT&T warranty people for information, and rather than the usual "we have nothing to tell you", I was able to push to get some information, no matter how little you may think of it.

Inside information would be having a person working at AT&T who actually knows something. That was never the case here.
    I actually went to the Sprint store on Monday and asked if they had the update. They told me that the only update they had was the last OTA update. Either the guy was talking out his A** or they don't want to just update unless you bring it in with a problem......still waiting, ugh
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

-- Rod
    The only problem with that is that with Palm sales at an all time low, the few people on this board are a more significant percent to the installed base.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Oh I wish it never was leaked....No more leaks...Just wait till it comes out then we'll comment on it. Now when 1.4.5 comes out, I am already waiting on 2.0...SAD
    Jesus is my focus...Everything else is blurry!
    --Isaac Compton
    I just wanna play PDK apps... please Palm just let me spend my money on PDK apps!! Where is the verizon leaked update?
    Hi,

I have not kept up with this thread. And no I'm not going to ask if or when 1.4.5 is coming out.

But if this hasn't been suggested, at this point could HP/Palm have pulled back the US version and just decided to wait until the 2.0 comes out in late Fall?

Possibly with new hardware?

If this has already be talked about, I'm sorry, I wasn't in the mood today to read 86 pages of messages.

I am so in love with WebOS, but it might be time to just look at the other stuff if my phone breaks. I just discovered a crack at the USB port. Not sure if Palm or Sprint will take care of it, it's over a year now. And I won't spend the $100 deductible to get a replacement from the insurance. Is it $100 or $200 ($200 is out of the question).

I hate to get something else, when I will just want to get back to WebOS.

It might be healthy to learn the other stuff just so I can be more valuable to everyone when talking.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Current conspiracy theories (sorry if I missed yours)

1. The update is being held off until the Froyo update launches
    2. ATT is two months out
    3. US is skipping 1.4.5 and going to webOS 2.0

I think that's it
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts