Page 83 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2953
  1. #1641  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    They're in the process of porting some games to webOS (Bejeweled included)
    It's off-topic, but just to clarify: Astraware doesn't have the rights to distribute Bejeweled on other platforms. Popcap does. So far, Popcap hasn't granted Astraware the rights to port, otherwise Astraware would be happy to do so. That's the latest from them, in any event.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  2. #1642  
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    How do you know this?
    Astraware has been tweeting their current plans for some time now. They're in the process of porting a number of games over, and have plans to port more.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. #1643  
    Oh how I just love Palm's silence on this deployment. So professional, well done.

    PDK Hot Apps contest been running for 19 days now, with 85% of their customers lacking access to it. That's closing in on a month and not a single word about it. If I was a developer, I'd be pretty irritated.
    Last edited by volcom45; 08/03/2010 at 12:24 PM.
  4. wicketr's Avatar
    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #1644  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Oh how I just love Palm's silence on this deployment. So professional, well done.

    PDK Hot Apps contest been running for 19 days now, with 85% of their customers lacking access to it. That's closing in on a month and not a single word about it. If I was a developer, I'd be pretty irritated.
    I'm at the point of throwing in the towel on webOS. I was a first day purchaser on Sprint. Had a Palm 680 before then. When webOS came out it was revolutionary, but they still had some catching up to do in many regards to the iPhone. 1 1/2 years later and they are not catching up at all. In fact they are falling further and further behind to Apple and now Android. Unless they come out with 2.0 release in the next few months that has PDK, webGL, CSS translations, and process threading, and new hardware, then I'm done.
  5. #1645  
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    How do you know this?
    I signed as a beta tester. They've been quite quiet tho
  6. #1646  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    I'm at the point of throwing in the towel on webOS. I was a first day purchaser on Sprint. Had a Palm 680 before then. When webOS came out it was revolutionary, but they still had some catching up to do in many regards to the iPhone. 1 1/2 years later and they are not catching up at all. In fact they are falling further and further behind to Apple and now Android. Unless they come out with 2.0 release in the next few months that has PDK, webGL, CSS translations, and process threading, and new hardware, then I'm done.
    I disagree that they're behind Apple and Android--I still find that webOS does things neither of those platforms do well.

    But, regarding what you're wanting from webOS 2.0, it's a good thing that HP and Palm have already stated their intentions to do exactly what you're asking for.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #1647  
    Where is this newly found update..I have TWO GAMES I WANT..EXZEUS AND CRUSADE AND I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY OF THEM...thanks Palm..where are we are we going if we can't get the downloads in a timely manner like others...please save us..we love you..LOVE US BACK! =( **Doo doo doo doo doo..I don't wanna wait..for 1.4.1.1 to be over!!! ***
  8. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #1648  
    I just got off the phone with the AT&T warranty department with some real information(for what it is worth).

    The update is currently going through QA, with a 1-2 month release plan on AT&T. So, AT&T is currently claiming that they are running the update through quality assurance. Of course, they didn't put iOS 4.0.1 through the same period of QA, so I don't know WHY they are doing this, but that is the current information.

    So, by the end of September is the current estimate.
  9. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #1649  
    For all the people yelling about Flash, most do not know the difference between what Flash can do compared to what HTML 5 can do, and the list is LARGE.

    Flash is not just a system for video rendering the way some people make it out to be, but is instead a full language that applications can be written in, similar to Java in that respect. As a result, Flash will ALWAYS be able to do more than HTML 5 could hope to do. You can hope for advertisements and other basic animations to be moved to HTML 5, but for web based games and applications, Flash will continue to be the dominant platform since HTML 5 just can't do what is required for those applications.


    So, if you don't like Flash, then don't use or install it, since that is YOUR desire. For the rest of us who are not against Flash, we feel it should be available and under OUR control if we want it or not. Stop trying to impose your dislike of Flash on others, since it should be OUR decision to use it or not. In the same way I dislike the user interface of MacOS 9 or 10(X), it is my choice to use Microsoft Windows and Linux on the machines I own. Just because I don't like Apple products does not mean I should try to force others not to use them, which is why I don't do that. Personal preference should rule, not the few people who are anti-whatever.
  10. #1650  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    For all the people yelling about Flash, most do not know the difference between what Flash can do compared to what HTML 5 can do, and the list is LARGE.

    Flash is not just a system for video rendering the way some people make it out to be, but is instead a full language that applications can be written in, similar to Java in that respect. As a result, Flash will ALWAYS be able to do more than HTML 5 could hope to do. You can hope for advertisements and other basic animations to be moved to HTML 5, but for web based games and applications, Flash will continue to be the dominant platform since HTML 5 just can't do what is required for those applications.
    I'm not sure quite where you dug up your "ALWAYS be able to do more" argument, but this is why you're wrong: In case you were unaware, HTML5 can be used to more efficiently load content that previously required a slow, bloated shell (Flash) in a native manner that uses far less in the way of hardware resource (automatically making it the top choice for mobile development). I'm curious as to what you can effectively do with Flash that you cannot do with a native and fully supported combination of Javascript and HTML5. If you've got any prime examples that are relevant to mobile application, I'd love to see them.

    As a web developer, new webOS developer and a CS major, I can safely say that any developer seeking quality over ease of construction will pass over Flash in exchange for the traditional method of building an app.

    I will reiterate: just because a couple people think they'll be able to play Facebook games and watch Hulu (they won't, fluidly at least), does not mean the rest of the platform should be needlessly compromised by a proprietary package that has an abysmal track record on mobile devices.

    If you think the current spam apps in the Catalog are bad, just imagine what it will be like with Flash!

    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    So, if you don't like Flash, then don't use or install it, since that is YOUR desire. For the rest of us who are not against Flash, we feel it should be available and under OUR control if we want it or not. Stop trying to impose your dislike of Flash on others, since it should be OUR decision to use it or not. In the same way I dislike the user interface of MacOS 9 or 10(X), it is my choice to use Microsoft Windows and Linux on the machines I own. Just because I don't like Apple products does not mean I should try to force others not to use them, which is why I don't do that. Personal preference should rule, not the few people who are anti-whatever.
    Ultimately, though, technology of each choice aside, I will just tell you this: No, it is not and should not be "our" choice. It's Palm's choice, if you don't like that, you can use your power of decision to move along to Android or another platform that supports it if you so choose.
  11. #1651  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I just got off the phone with the AT&T warranty department with some real information(for what it is worth).

    The update is currently going through QA, with a 1-2 month release plan on AT&T. So, AT&T is currently claiming that they are running the update through quality assurance. Of course, they didn't put iOS 4.0.1 through the same period of QA, so I don't know WHY they are doing this, but that is the current information.

    So, by the end of September is the current estimate.
    Once again incorrect information..... US carriers have had the update for eh about 2 months now, so the QA period you have been quoted is already up.

    Not your fault, you just aren't going to get anything from the carriers in the way of inside information.
  12. #1652  
    How do you know for sure that info is incorrect? The way it's looking, the end of September doesn't look like a far-off estimate. Remember way back when PreCentral posted that AT&T wasn't releasing the update for basically no reason given? Maybe they hadn't even looked at it yet. With the respect Palm has been getting lately, it's most likely true and at the end of carriers' lists of importance by now.
  13. #1653  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    How do you know for sure that info is incorrect? The way it's looking, the end of September doesn't look like a far-off estimate. Remember way back when PreCentral posted that AT&T wasn't releasing the update for basically no reason given? Maybe they hadn't even looked at it yet. With the respect Palm has been getting lately, it's most likely true and at the end of carriers' lists of importance by now.
    An update could very well get released at the end of September.

    How I know the specific information given is incorrect is because if for no other reason. We know low level customer support do not have this information, if a carrier hasn't even begun testing an update, this would not be filtered down to low level support. This is a horse that has been beaten to death, when it comes to things like this, low level support gives answers that get people off the phone.

    This has nothing to do with respect for Palm, it has to do with a known flawed OTA update. You are around here enough to know this all to be fact (the customer service aspect of calling for update information, and the issue with this update).


    You can buy into whatever logic you want, as to why it's not being released or why we aren't being told anything. The simple fact that no one is saying anything means that the CSR that gave out that information (or the person that told the CSR to give out that info) is giving out inaccurate or incorrect information. You aren't getting high level information about how ATT runs it's cellular business from a low level warranty support person.
  14. #1654  
    Cool, and by "respect" I meant from the general public. Mindshare is all about Android/iOS right now and carriers are just giving the people what they want.
  15. #1655  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    How do you know for sure that info is incorrect? The way it's looking, the end of September doesn't look like a far-off estimate. Remember way back when PreCentral posted that AT&T wasn't releasing the update for basically no reason given? Maybe they hadn't even looked at it yet. With the respect Palm has been getting lately, it's most likely true and at the end of carriers' lists of importance by now.
    I think that the real reason is the iPhone!, Why?, because that is the top phone in At&t and if they release 1.4.5 update, the Pre is going to have a lot of apps coming from the iphone developers, and that is not good for Apple, because the Pre is a cheaper option.
  16. #1656  
    Why doesn't Palm just release 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor for all carriers? That way, those of us who really want it now can have it. Argh.
  17. #1657  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Why doesn't Palm just release 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor for all carriers? That way, those of us who really want it now can have it. Argh.
    Haha, they have, secretly. Although Rod points out it is an earlier build than what those elsewhere received. But they are fully aware that many of us in this thread have downloaded the developers 1.4.5 doctor with people like HardBeatz in this thread regularly, and they have kept all of the links alive even so, which is smart if they want to make any money at all off this PDK hot apps contest, might as well at least get a few USA people in on it..
  18. #1658  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Haha, they have, secretly. Although Rod points out it is an earlier build than what those elsewhere received. But they are fully aware that many of us in this thread have downloaded the developers 1.4.5 doctor with people like HardBeatz in this thread regularly, and they have kept all of the links alive even so, which is smart if they want to make any money at all off this PDK hot apps contest, might as well at least get a few USA people in on it..
    The one and only reason why I do not want to use this earlier 1.4.5 version is mainly because most patches that I use aren't updated for 1.4.5.
    And without them it makes me go crazy.

    Besides there's not that much to this update if you have a Pre.
    Just a bunch of little things.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  19. #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    The one and only reason why I do not want to use this earlier 1.4.5 version is mainly because most patches that I use aren't updated for 1.4.5.
    And without them it makes me go crazy.

    Besides there's not that much to this update if you have a Pre.
    Just a bunch of little things.
    I have about 35 patches that all updated perfectly in 1.4.5 thanks to AUPT.
  20. #1660  
    Has anyone tried going down to their local sprint repair center and asking if they could update your pre to 1.4.5. thats what they installed on my pre after they repaired it last sunday.. figured if your close enough to a repair center it couldnt hurt to just ask... cause i know for a fact they have it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions