Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I wish everyone would realize this is coming from a script and these folks have no inside knowledge of the update before or after you ask. Even if they did have some knowledge, they wouldn't be able to tell you.
    For as much as this is always said, so far all these techs have been right that they have no idea when its going to be available and well we have no idea when it's going to available. Apparently Palm/HP doesn't give a hoot about pleasing it's customers and telling us either so....everyone seems to be right and no one knows when and no one gives a crap either.
    Just got my replacement Pre and it's on version 1.4.1.1 but I ran the update app and it says webOS 1.4.1.1 is available and it's 5MB....??
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Allow me to reiterate Bev's warning: this thread is supposed to be about 1.4.5. This thread is not about Android, and it's not about how much you may dislike the Pre or webOS.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Are the game developers disappointed in no 1.4.5 for the U.S., or do they not care as long as they get their million dollar prize?
    If I were a game developer, I'd be disappointed in the loss of potential customers.

C'mon 1.4.5! Bring it!
    Will 1.4.5 have Flash???????....That is all I care about. Flash!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    No.
    Are you being funny? If it does not have Flash, who gives two flying leaps?

What would be the big deal with 1.4.5 then? I assume then that Flash will be released on it's own or after 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Are you being funny? If it does not have Flash, who gives two flying leaps?

What would be the big deal with 1.4.5 then? I assume then that Flash will be released on it's own or after 1.4.5?
    Flash ruins everything it touches. It should not exist and soon enough, it will be rendered obsolete.
    ^ hahaha...tell that to 100 thousands people who have or in the process of getting Froyo update on EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    ^ hahaha...tell that to 100 thousands people who have or in the process of getting Froyo update on EVO 4G.
    Sucks for them. Have you ever seen a full flash site NOT LAG or cause any other issues on ANY smartphone? Yeah, neither have I. It's because it's not possible.
    Well HTML 5 is supposed to be the next wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Well HTML 5 is supposed to be the next wave.
    You just answered your own question. That's why they should never even bother bringing flash to webOS. Trust me... it will only ruin things. Seriously, what would you want to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Sucks for them. Have you ever seen a full flash site NOT LAG or cause any other issues on ANY smartphone? Yeah, neither have I. It's because it's not possible.
    Have you tried Flash on the EVO? Haven't noticed debilitating lag in my use so far. If you are expecting PC handling of Flash content on a mobile device, you'll be letdown. My experience so far has been beyond expectation. The main downside being no mouse utilization for ESPN Games content on the EVO. Video over 4G or wifi has been smooth as well as games.
    Dunno about that last nite i updated EVO 4G with Froyo on my wife's phone and then ran a site with flash didn't see any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Dunno about that last nite i updated EVO 4G with Froyo on my wife's phone and then ran a site with flash didn't see any issues.
    I'm just saying, to all the Flash ******* (EDIT: "enthusiasts") who think they're going to be watching Hulu inline in HD and playing flash games in the webOS browser, they will be sorely disappointed.
    You just answered your own question. That's why they should never even bother bringing flash to webOS. Trust me... it will only ruin things. Seriously, what would you want to do with it?
    Play bejeweled Blitz on my Pre (facebook version since it seems popcap and astraware are not up to the task of porting it to webos)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Play bejeweled Blitz on my Pre (facebook version since it seems popcap and astraware are not up to the task of porting it to webos)
    Yeah, you just wait and see how great that experience will be. Sorry to sound harsh, but it's the truth: it's going to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    They're in the process of porting some games to webOS (Bejeweled included)
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Someone in the last page claimed to have spoken with a Palm insider who confirmed US is not going to get 1.4.5 because AT&T said they didn't want to release it so the other 2 carriers went along with them. I wouldn't doubt this for one second. If this is the case however, I think it is very unprofessional for no one to say anything to US about it..
    + 1000!! I think the way this entire update has been handled by Palm/HP is absolutely ridiculous and scary! Not a great way for HP to start their tenure over Palm and webos and certainly not a great way to behave as a clear underdog in the smartphone industry!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    They're in the process of porting some games to webOS (Bejeweled included)
    How do you know this?