Page 81 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2953
  1. stts's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1601  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I doubt if anyone cared about your whining, or even noticed your repeated posting. Scale down your ego a bit. If you are not happy get another phone.

    The sheep herd can always use a few more kool-aid drinkers.
    Actually if everybody thought exactly as you just sugested, then there would be no need for forums. Just buy it or dont buy it.

    Its not about whining, its about sharing your thoghts and experiances with others. And my original purpose in posting it at PALM was so PALM people could take note of the growing disenchantment. If the topic stayed put it may still have done no good, but you never know. Has zero to do with ego.
  2. #1602  
    I have news on 1.4.5 update for US, and is Official the update is not coming to US, At&t are not going to release the update and so the others carriers stop the process, Why? I dont know! This info come from a internal source of palm/hp. I will tried to access the email that my source hack to have all the details.
  3. #1603  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    Actually if everybody thought exactly as you just sugested, then there would be no need for forums. Just buy it or dont buy it.

    Its not about whining, its about sharing your thoghts and experiances with others. And my original purpose in posting it at PALM was so PALM people could take note of the growing disenchantment. If the topic stayed put it may still have done no good, but you never know. Has zero to do with ego.
    Please for reference make all non 1.4.5. anticipation posts in either
    a. their own threads or
    b. threads that are in regards to the issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4. stts's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1604  
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_crazy View Post
    I have news on 1.4.5 update for US, and is Official the update is not coming to US, At&t are not going to release the update and so the others carriers stop the process, Why? I dont know! This info come from a internal source of palm/hp. I will tried to access the email that my source hack to have all the details.
    Cool. Send it in a zip file so we can all open it and get a virus.
  5. stts's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1605  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Please for reference make all non 1.4.5. anticipation posts in either
    a. their own threads or
    b. threads that are in regards to the issue.
    Ok, I wont post on it any more. We beat it to death I think.
  6. #1606  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    Well there was nothing flaming or beligerant about it, just voicing disapointment and others opinions, and I was insulted that they would censor the topic. Reposting 6 times finally tired me out, but Im sure it got alot of attention that that forum was not a free speach zone when disenting opinions were voiced. Very unAmerican over there.
    I'll say it again: your post was offensive and inappropriate. I remember it well, and it simply did not belong on a company-hosted forum intended to provide community support for the platform. You weren't "censored," rather the rest of the forum community was spared your rants. And, if you visit the Palm forum, you'll find plenty of people complaining (sometimes harshly) about specific issues, and their posts haven't been deleted. Maybe that should tell you something about yours...

    Finally, please don't raise First Amendment concerns over such a thing--you don't have a right to voice your opinion on someone else's Web site, Palm's, Precentral's, or anywhere. If you feel so strongly, create your own Web site and post to your heart's content.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. stts's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1607  
    You can say it all you want but Im looking at my watch and wondering about 1.4.5...
  8. #1608  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    You can say it all you want but Im looking at my watch and wondering about 1.4.5...
    The iPhone community is just begging for a talented young lad such as yourself.
  9. #1609  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    Well there was nothing flaming or beligerant about it, just voicing disapointment and others opinions, and I was insulted that they would censor the topic. Reposting 6 times finally tired me out, but Im sure it got alot of attention that that forum was not a free speach zone when disenting opinions were voiced. Very unAmerican over there.
    You obviously don't understand what is "American" or "unAmerican". As an American, you are not guaranteed free speech. Are are guaranteed that the government will not restrict your speech.

    When you log on to somone else's website, you are subject not only to their rules, but their interpretations of those rules, and the whims and actions of those they have monitoring the system.

    Live with it, and quit whining (and making stuff up as you go).
  10. stts's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1610  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You obviously don't understand what is "American" or "unAmerican". As an American, you are not guaranteed free speech. Are are guaranteed that the government will not restrict your speech.

    When you log on to somone else's website, you are subject not only to their rules, but their interpretations of those rules, and the whims and actions of those they have monitoring the system.

    Live with it, and quit whining (and making stuff up as you go).
    Are we suposed to be sticking to 1.4.5 or are you going to continue to poke me in the **** over my bad experiance at that other Forum? Your the one that keeps harping to stay on topic...

    Hah, I called it aarrssee, but it still astericed it.

    And I assure you I didnt make anything up. Have them pull my thread out of their trash can to know for a fact.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/02/2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
  11. #1611  
    Hmmm... don't the "HD" versions of the Gameloft games have Pixi support in them? More are showing in the US app feed on PreCentral and in Preware right now, along with other PDK games. Do you think 1.4.5 is finally officially hitting the US today?
  12. #1612  
    Good thing I went with the Pre over the Droid... Not! They are getting 2.2 a major update and we are stuck waiting for 1.4.5 a minor update.

    Is the US going to skip 1.4.5 at this poit and wait for 1.5+...
  13. #1613  
    Someone in the last page claimed to have spoken with a Palm insider who confirmed US is not going to get 1.4.5 because AT&T said they didn't want to release it so the other 2 carriers went along with them. I wouldn't doubt this for one second. If this is the case however, I think it is very unprofessional for no one to say anything to US about it..
  14. #1614  
    I don't think were getting it today, I was asking about adding a line and brought the update up and this is what they said

    6:08:16 PM : Stuart M: One moment please.


    6:08:41 PM : Stuart M: We have not updated with this information by palm team department.


    6:09:11 PM : Stuart M: You can check for this information on palm web site.


    6:09:21 PM : L: ok thank you for your help


    6:09:31 PM : Stuart M: Sprint and Palm are working together to ensure availability as soon as possible.


    6:09:46 PM : Stuart M: A revised availability date will be communicated and you will receive the text from sprint about that software update on your phone.


    6:09:56 PM : Stuart M: You are welcome.
  15. #1615  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    I don't think were getting it today, I was asking about adding a line and brought the update up and this is what they said

    6:08:16 PM : Stuart M: One moment please.


    6:08:41 PM : Stuart M: We have not updated with this information by palm team department.


    6:09:11 PM : Stuart M: You can check for this information on palm web site.


    6:09:21 PM : L: ok thank you for your help


    6:09:31 PM : Stuart M: Sprint and Palm are working together to ensure availability as soon as possible.


    6:09:46 PM : Stuart M: A revised availability date will be communicated and you will receive the text from sprint about that software update on your phone.


    6:09:56 PM : Stuart M: You are welcome.

    I wish everyone would realize this is coming from a script and these folks have no inside knowledge of the update before or after you ask. Even if they did have some knowledge, they wouldn't be able to tell you.
  16. #1616  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Good thing I went with the Pre over the Droid... Not! They are getting 2.2 a major update and we are stuck waiting for 1.4.5 a minor update.

    Is the US going to skip 1.4.5 at this poit and wait for 1.5+...
    You do realize, I hope, that Android has been on the market for quite a bit longer than has webOS, meaning that they'd naturally be farther along in terms of updates. When webOS is at, say, version 2.5, and Android is at version 3.5, will you still be complaining then that webOS remains "behind" Android?

    And if you were an Android user, would you be complaining that the Droid "just" received 2.2, when iPhone users are on version 4.01 of iOS? And that RIM users are at version 5.whatever of the BB OS, with version 6 on the way?

    I could probably answer my own questions, but I'll refrain.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17. #1617  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    Are we suposed to be sticking to 1.4.5 or are you going to continue to poke me in the **** over my bad experiance at that other Forum? Your the one that keeps harping to stay on topic...

    Hah, I called it aarrssee, but it still astericed it.

    And I assure you I didnt make anything up. Have them pull my thread out of their trash can to know for a fact.
    You misunderstood - when I referenced "making things up", I was speaking of the "promises" made by Palm (they've not promised you 1.4.5, and certainly not on a specific date) and your free speech "rights".
  18. #1618  
    Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

    Let's keep it on topic, guys.
  19. kbo
    kbo is offline
    kbo's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #1619  
    What's the odds that 1.4.5 will fix the VZ gps issue?
  20. #1620  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    What's the odds that 1.4.5 will fix the VZ gps issue?
    I was infromed via twitter that verizon is working on it, so I hope it's fixed soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions