Page 80 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by kajun58 View Post
    Palm is quickly losing ground ... the race is on ... Palm is still at the starting gate. Can someone please tell them that the race has begun?

They need not only to release 1.4.5 but they need to begin innovating again! Palm used to lead ... they are in follow mode since the release of the Palm Pre!
    Oh, yeesh. Not this stuff again. Folks, the smartphone market is in its infancy, really. Where 100 million units might be sold this year, it's predicted that over 500 million will be sold in 2014. While we might be anxious for new hardware and updates, HP/Palm have to take a longer view. Sure, they could rush something out to placate the whiners and complainers, and then suffer the consequences of poor decisions, bad design, and untested software. Or, they can take a few more months to get things right and position themselves for long-term success.

If you really think that the Android flavor of the day is going to undo Palm in the next few months, then you're taking a very short-term view of the market. Thing is, HP/Palm can't afford to think that way.

And, the most confusing part: why do you think that a lack of announcements means that HP/Palm aren't doing anything? Do you really think they're just sitting there twiddling their collective thumbs?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Oh, yeesh. Not this stuff again. Folks, the smartphone market is in its infancy, really. Where 100 million units might be sold this year, it's predicted that over 500 million will be sold in 2014. While we might be anxious for new hardware and updates, HP/Palm have to take a longer view. Sure, they could rush something out to placate the whiners and complainers, and then suffer the consequences of poor decisions, bad design, and untested software. Or, they can take a few more months to get things right and position themselves for long-term success.

If you really think that the Android flavor of the day is going to undo Palm in the next few months, then you're taking a very short-term view of the market. Thing is, HP/Palm can't afford to think that way.

And, the most confusing part: why do you think that a lack of announcements means that HP/Palm aren't doing anything? Do you really think they're just sitting there twiddling their collective thumbs?
    I definitely see what you're saying here. In the short term though it's not very enticing for app developers to create PDK apps if the US isn't able to run or buy them. Palm is probably feeling the effects of this, I mean does it really take three weeks to "retool" the hot apps leader board?

But as you said in the long term this will most likely just be a small bump in the road as far as HPalm's plans are concerned.
    HardBeatz, is the PDK Hot Apps contest even going? Really doesn't seem to be the case that Palm cares about it anymore or is trying to make it a priority..
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    I definitely see what you're saying here. In the short term though it's not very enticing for app developers to create PDK apps if the US isn't able to run or buy them. Palm is probably feeling the effects of this, I mean does it really take three weeks to "retool" the hot apps leader board?

But as you said in the long term this will most likely just be a small bump in the road as far as HPalm's plans are concerned.
    Well, don't misunderstand me: I'm disappointed as well (for myself and developers) that 1.4.5 hasn't been released. And since it's not been released by any US carrier, I think the blame must somehow rest on Palm (although, I don't have any idea why it's not out yet, unless carriers are just demanding that the permissions bug be fixed, or somesuch).

What I was referring to more specifically was the "Palm must do X NOW!!!!!" meme, which has plagued Precentral since the beginning, it seems. If the poster I was responding to had just said, "Come on, let's get 1.4.5 out there already," I would have written it off as just another redundant complaint. But he went deeper, saying basically that Palm should be "leading" rather than "following," in general--as if HP and Palm are just sitting there, on purpose, letting the market pass them by.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What have you been promised by Palm that has not been delivered?
    People are simply boiling down their words for an easy post. It really all goes back to the promiss of a new phone that would be the Iphone rival. A phone that McNamee publically lauded in a most exuberant if not slightly illegal fassion. Palm had to quickly disavow his statements to make things legal again. But Palm still maintained the perception that for the buggy Pre, we still hadnt seen nothing yet. But the bug fixes and features were rolled out much slower than expected and the Phone world left Palm behind. Even the Apps pretty much gave up as Devs all but quit porting to the Pre's. So there you go. Hype of a superior experiance, actually delivered by everybody else. That is why the frustration is growing, and so is the defections.

But then again, this type of an explaination will still fall on the deaf ears of those that worship the ground of Palm as a hallowed place. Me, I just wanted the most bang for the buck even though I paid the full $300 for the dang thing. They rejected my rebate. The sales staff said one thing, the tiney whiney print I couldn't read said another. Oh yea, my next phone will also have a much bigger screen as I need all the size I can get just to see the dang thing. I learned all kinds of lessons from the Palm experiance...
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    People are simply boiling down their words for an easy post. It really all goes back to the promiss of a new phone that would be the Iphone rival.
    No such promise from Palm.

A phone that McNamee publically lauded in a most exuberant if not slightly illegal fassion. Palm had to quickly disavow his statements to make things legal again.
    McNamee didn't work for Palm, and is not associated with the new owners. As you said, the claims he made/implied were disavowed by Palm almost as soon as they were made. So, again, what "promise" are you speaking of?
    But Palm still maintained the perception that for the buggy Pre, we still hadnt seen nothing yet. But the bug fixes and features were rolled out much slower than expected and the Phone world left Palm behind.
    Expected by whom?? I got more fixes and got them faster than I expected. Sounds like you misplaced your expectations.
    Even the Apps pretty much gave up as Devs all but quit porting to the Pre's. So there you go. Hype of a superior experiance, actually delivered by everybody else. That is why the frustration is growing, and so is the defections.
    You've offered nothing except your own "hype". Sorry you disappointed yourself. Those of us that had realistic expections have a different view.

But then again, this type of an explaination will still fall on the deaf ears of those that worship the ground of Palm as a hallowed place. Me, I just wanted the most bang for the buck even though I paid the full $300 for the dang thing. They rejected my rebate. The sales staff said one thing, the tiney whiney print I couldn't read said another. Oh yea, my next phone will also have a much bigger screen as I need all the size I can get just to see the dang thing. I learned all kinds of lessons from the Palm experiance...
    Ahhh, so what device were you reading the "fine print" on before you got the Pre? I suspect what we have here, is a classic case of "whiner's remorse", and really has nothing to do with "anticipating webOS 1.4.5".
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I seem to remember your post as incredibly rude and simply attacking Palm and Palm employees. It contributed absolutely nothing to why people go to that forum--which is, to find answers to problems. If you're going to come here and characterize things, you should probably try to be a little honest about your language and approach.
    Well your looking at my posts now, and on another site!! There is nothing rudely earth shattering about them here. Same as I posted over there. And most people that are forced to another site would be of a more flaming nature. So you see, the only rudeness was that I dared to post on a palm site was that what was comming, in my opinion, wasn't going to be of much benefit to current Pre users. And I then ask for others to weigh in on their Palm experiance. But Nooooo. You had to come and delete the whole thread.

Now, when you guys on the PALM.com forum deleted my thread 6 times as I reposted it, I certainly got angry and let you know exactly what I thought of your messing with my posts. You mess with my posts, and I will certainly give you the finger. Im a red blooded free speach American, and either you or one of your cohorts pointed out that not on the PALM forum there wasn't. So there you go, and here I am. Its friendlier here.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No such promise from Palm.

McNamee didn't work for Palm, and is not associated with the new owners. As you said, the claims he made/implied were disavowed by Palm almost as soon as they were made. So, again, what "promise" are you speaking of?

Expected by whom?? I got more fixes and got them faster than I expected. Sounds like you misplaced your expectations.

You've offered nothing except your own "hype". Sorry you disappointed yourself. Those of us that had realistic expections have a different view.

Ahhh, so what device were you reading the "fine print" on before you got the Pre? I suspect what we have here, is a classic case of "whiner's remorse", and really has nothing to do with "anticipating webOS 1.4.5".
    Well it is whiners remores, and Im responding to your rebuke of somebody posting generally about the promiss of the Palm experiance. Your rebuke didnt seem to have much to do with 1.4.5 as I recall and you even said you wanted to hear it. As all my buddies do live video, and autostich, even before twin cameras, and the seemingly endless things the Iphones and the Androids seem to do, Palm runs out of money, gets new owners and developers quit before they really get much started. Its clear the others are the haves, and the Palms are the have nots. Thats plenty to be remorsefull of. And I take full responsibility. I screwed up when I bought into Palm. :/ And I wont be buying into HP untill I can clearly see whats current and whats ahead. Most likely I will jump ship to some form of android when my contract expires.
    Last edited by stts; 08/02/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    HardBeatz, is the PDK Hot Apps contest even going? Really doesn't seem to be the case that Palm cares about it anymore or is trying to make it a priority..
    I'm going to say yes, I have heard nothing indicating otherwise.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Well your looking at my posts now, and on another site!! There is nothing rudely earth shattering about them here. Same as I posted over there. And most people that are forced to another site would be of a more flaming nature. So you see, the only rudeness was that I dared to post on a palm site was that what was comming, in my opinion, wasn't going to be of much benefit to current Pre users. And I then ask for others to weigh in on their Palm experiance. But Nooooo. You had to come and delete the whole thread.

Now, when you guys on the PALM.com forum deleted my thread 6 times as I reposted it, I certainly got angry and let you know exactly what I thought of your messing with my posts. You mess with my posts, and I will certainly give you the finger. Im a red blooded free speach American, and either you or one of your cohorts pointed out that not on the PALM forum there wasn't. So there you go, and here I am. Its friendlier here.
    If you violate the forum Terms and Conditions then your post has the right to be deleted, even if you don't agree to it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Well this is all well and good. It maybe that Palm is a phenix to rise from the ashes. But untill then, I got to deal with what I got. 3000 apps that I only like 11 of, Limited configurability that could have been enhanced with more frequant software updates, and an ageing product compared to the competative onslaught that has me convinced the Pre is probably gone as far as its going to go. So when my contract expires, I have to decide to stick with what I got or get something for the same money that is leaps and bounds better. Maybe after the next androidish contract is up, HP/Palm will be worth another look. But the first place I will look is the Apps. Because its clear the Apps is where its at...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you violate the forum Terms and Conditions then your post has the right to be deleted, even if you don't agree to it.
    Hey, you deleted it over there, so I post it over here. You can defend your TOS all you want, but so can the Russians and the Chinese. Oh and to make this post 1.4.5, right now Palm needs to release 4.6.3 if they are going to turn the tide of the waining public opinion. And there is no shortage of upgrade ideas from looking at these forums. Only a shortage of corporate capability and or will to produce it. Thats why I think the Pre is officially about topped out. My simple wish list would be a simple audio recorder for phone calls and room meetings. I doubt Pre will ever see such a basic feature.
    Last edited by stts; 08/02/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Hey, you deleted it over there, so I post it over here. You can defend your TOS all you want, but so can the Russians and the Chinese.
    OMG. Are you serious? I think I just peed myself.
    I anticipate this thread reaches 100 pages before the US sees an OTA version of 1.4.5
    Hey, you deleted it over there, so I post it over here. You can defend your TOS all you want, but so can the Russians and the Chinese.
    I suspect it's likely to be deleted here as well, as you are totally off-topic. There's a "general complaint" thread that specifically set for what you are doing here. Use it.

You've now accused two different people of deleting your posts. Is it a conspiracy? Did you have multiple posts deleted and they too turns? Are you just whining into the wind?

BTW, yes, I responded, because I thought the "promises" you imagined from Palm were about 1.4.5, not about all the pretty shiny you hoped for in general on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You've now accused two different people of deleting your posts. Is it a conspiracy? Did you have multiple posts deleted and they too turns? Are you just whining into the wind?
    I reposted it 6 times before I gave up. Several Mods rebuked me and several mods deleted my thread. So certainly they all shared the same adjenda if you want to call that a conspiracy.

And in keeping with 1.4.5, Im hopeing for even much better, but not holding my breath.
    I reposted it 6 times before I gave up. Several Mods rebuked me and several mods deleted my thread. So certainly they all shared the same adjenda if you want to call that a conspiracy.

And in keeping with 1.4.5, Im hopeing for even much better, but not holding my breath.
    You would think you would have gotten the picture after the first one they deleted.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    You would think you would have gotten the picture after the first one they deleted.
    Well there was nothing flaming or beligerant about it, just voicing disapointment and others opinions, and I was insulted that they would censor the topic. Reposting 6 times finally tired me out, but Im sure it got alot of attention that that forum was not a free speach zone when disenting opinions were voiced. Very unAmerican over there.
    hehehe... you reminded me of a notorious politician here in Mexico, he used to say that everything was a "compló" against him... Lopez Obrador, Mexico's "Legitimate" president (as he used to call himself).
    Reposting 6 times finally tired me out, but Im sure it got alot of attention that that forum
    I doubt if anyone cared about your whining, or even noticed your repeated posting. Scale down your ego a bit. If you are not happy get another phone.

The sheep herd can always use a few more kool-aid drinkers.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 08/02/2010 at 03:28 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.