Page 79 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Proof or this is nothing but a made up rumor.
    How can I prove it, do you want names????!!!! these guys could loose their jobs.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    How can I prove it, do you want names????!!!! these guys could loose their jobs.
    whoa bro...chill
    +1
    noooooo, its just a "rumor". its not made up until proven that its not true.
    I guess either im an extremely small majority or its a complete mistake that i got this update. im hoping they gave it to me cause sprint is releasing it this week. but who knows maybe i got it because of a mistake. either way id prefer my wife recieved it on her pixi instead. she would benefit more from this update then i would.. shes been wanting 3d games and such for a while now.
    Well, 1.4.5 is out here in Europe, so isn't difficult to believe that it's a carrier related issue...
    Frankly, I'm annoyed. We've been promised so many things and a year later, we're still waiting around!!! My friend just got the EVO...and it's friggin awesome. I love my palm and I kinda want to see what they do next, hardware-wise, but I'm really starting to get impatient with the constant let-downs! That EVO is looking better and better by the minute!
    Palm is quickly losing ground ... the race is on ... Palm is still at the starting gate. Can someone please tell them that the race has begun?

They need not only to release 1.4.5 but they need to begin innovating again! Palm used to lead ... they are in follow mode since the release of the Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Huh?? Unless you posted under another name...no idea what that means as it is a pretty generic post and there is no record of a deleted post.

If HP takes the new webOS devices in a new direction as far as screen resolution, there may be an issue with backwards compatibility. I'm not worried about that... I'm more interested in seeing HP rebuild developer interest (which looks like they are off to a good start).

No not this forum, I was deleted on the Palm.com forum. They told me I was not free to gripe about the Palm phones and that there were other sites to post gripes on. They told me suport related questions only or I would be baned. I never went back.

Hah, I just realized everybody else pointed this out. They even closed their "antisipation" thread. They said 1.4.5 will come out when it comes out and any more discutions would be deleted. Palm in my opinion is really sucking on many fronts.
  10. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    They told me suport related questions only or I would be baned. I never went back.
    Sounds like the forum troll is control happy. Write a letter to the Palm/HP President.

jmf
    as a european owner, I really feel sorry for you americans, as 1.4.5 is MUCH more stable than 1.4.1 was. Not a single unattended reboot since 3 weeks now. 1.4.5 is greatly appreciated!

what bothers me a bit is the new closeness of communication with Palm. They were a lot more direct and open before they got bougt - at least imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billbryan516 View Post
    Frankly, I'm annoyed. We've been promised so many things and a year later, we're still waiting around!!! !
    I'd love to hear what you've been "promised". Share with us.
    It's Aug. now. Still no release of 1.4.5 or Adobe Flash. ***? 1.4.5 was ready (less a minor bug fix from 1 carrier) and Flash was handed to Palm back in June. Where are they? Hot PDK contest is running and a few of the new apps released can't be used till 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    As an update for my previous post in this thread, I got a call from AT&T Warranty department(since they have dedicated Palm support people and talk directly to Palm). It seems like there is some finger pointing going on, where the AT&T rep I talked to hinted that the holdup is from Palm. There were early indications that AT&T was going to delay releasing 1.4.5 though, so I am trying to get more feedback from AT&T about what is holding up the release of 1.4.5.

None of this is speculation, there is SOMETHING holding back the release, but no one knows what it is. I suspect that someone at AT&T delayed the launch of 1.4.5 for WHATEVER reason, and as a result, most people forgot to keep following up, as if they assumed that nothing would change.

I hope to get a call back today or tomorrow on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    YES!
    This has been driving me INSANE.

(No, i wasn't insane before i got the Pre.)
    (Although, if you ask my wife, she'll probably beg to differ.)
    This is an issue only on Sprint PRE because of lower memory, PRE Plus does not have this issue. I have the same problem on my iPad .
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 08/02/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    according to my sprint source: Sprint gave Palm a choice of either releasing 1.4.5 but having to make a big break before the next release, (sprint can't spend time testing the updates every few months).
    according to my Palm source: Sprint gave an unacceptable choice and Palm is still lost at what to choose.

bottom line, the users are the ones that lose out.

anyone else heard something along the same lines??
    Not saying you weren't told exactly what you are posting..... but just sounds like more finger pointing and doesn't sound incredibly accurate.

Here is why, Sprint has ALREADY spent the resources testing 1.4.5, the bug is known, they spend no more time testing if 1.4.5 is released. Now as I have said all along, they will spend more time in support of a broken OTA release.

Also unless you know people high up in both, I doubt the majority of employees at either company know what is REALLY going on. I am sure their is speculation and rumors going around at both businesses as well as ATT and VZW.... so not saying you haven't been told what you say you were, just I would question the validity of the information vs. just employee rumor and speculation.
    Sprint has the update as i stated earlier their repair center installed it on my phone after they repaired it yesterday. given that, im pretty sure its outta palms hands and were just waiting for the carriers to release it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billbryan516 View Post
    Frankly, I'm annoyed. We've been promised so many things and a year later, we're still waiting around!!! My friend just got the EVO...and it's friggin awesome. I love my palm and I kinda want to see what they do next, hardware-wise, but I'm really starting to get impatient with the constant let-downs! That EVO is looking better and better by the minute!
    What have you been promised by Palm that has not been delivered?
    Just install the 1.4.5 webos Doc if you want 1.4.5. I don't think you'll be getting anything else anytime soon. I've been running it for 2 weeks and its great. Palm hasn't pulled it from their servers even after all 75 people I gave the link to downloaded it, so I don't think they care.
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    No not this forum, I was deleted on the Palm.com forum. They told me I was not free to gripe about the Palm phones and that there were other sites to post gripes on. They told me suport related questions only or I would be baned. I never went back.
    I seem to remember your post as incredibly rude and simply attacking Palm and Palm employees. It contributed absolutely nothing to why people go to that forum--which is, to find answers to problems. If you're going to come here and characterize things, you should probably try to be a little honest about your language and approach.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic