Page 74 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2953
  1. #1461  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Wow... 2.0

    LOL Way to bait the fishy!

    Thoe, I would have edit'd my phone number personally....
    Oh no, dang. I can't believe I'd be foolish enough to leave my phone number up there. Please please please, whatever you do, don't dial that number folks. Out of shear respect and the love of all that's decent, don't do it!!!!
  2. #1462  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Oh no, dang. I can't believe I'd be foolish enough to leave my phone number up there. Please please please, whatever you do, don't dial that number folks. Out of shear respect and the love of all that's decent, don't do it!!!!
    Sarcasm.
  3. #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Sarcasm.
    OK, if you do dial it, be sure to ask when the WebOS 2.0 update will be out. Just to track what "inspired" the call...
  4. #1464  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, if you do dial it, be sure to ask when the WebOS 2.0 update will be out. Just to track what "inspired" the call...
    I'm gonna go give them a call right now. I heard WebOS 2.0 is magical and revolutionary. They ought to know something about that.
  5. #1465  
    LOL, at the phone number (had already figured it wasn't yours but that's LOLz).
  6. #1466  
    I'm starting to think we're not seeing 1.4.5 from the US carriers because of a conspiracy theory (and I'm using the term loosely). 1.4.5 has been released to the carriers for at least the better part of a month now and we aren't seeing anything from Sprint, who pushed out past updates rather quickly. Why is that?

    Time to put on my tinfoil hat and say its because they're trying to drive WebOS/Palm users to other phones. Whether or not the companies are admitting it, Pre/Pixi are probably considered end of life in their systems and they aren't in any hurry to update them. Each carrier has a new flagship phone that they are trying to push, so they don't really have to care about WebOS phones until something new (2.0) comes out as long as there isn't a bug that completely cripples all of the phones.

    In the mean time, if they can get current Pre/Pixi users to jump ship for and Evo, iPhone or Droid, they just make more money and extend or sign new contracts.

    What do you think, plausible or should I leave the conspiracies theories to the experts?
  7. #1467  
    or, they found bugs that made it unwise to release it. for example, the pdk bug mentioned on the front page recently...
  8. #1469  
    Meantime is one word.
  9. #1470  
    I posted something similar a little over a week ago and it got moved to the WebOS 1.4.5 anticipation thread. So look out... a move is imminent.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/30/2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: imminent is spelled with two M's
  10. #1471  
    I dont think its because they are trying to push users to new phones, if anything its because 2.0 was announced and maybe they are holding off... who knows but that seems a little far-fetched.


    "Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
  11. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #1472  
    Well I think Palm would not allow all carries to just sit on their software update while their customers get ****ed. If Sprint were the only carrier it might be a different story, but with their being two others, I suspect Palm has directed the hold. Maybe they are adding some functionality or bug fixes that they decided they'd rather finalize, or something similar, but who could possibly imagine all three major carriers conspiring against a phone that they would probably consider a failed seller anyway....not a threat to keep their sales stagnant.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  12. #1473  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Well I think Palm would not allow all carries to just sit on their software update while their customers get ****ed.
    ...sort of like Palm had the clout to NOT ALLOW carriers to mishandle promotion and run crappy ads about busy moms? Yep, they would never allow a carrier to do anything that isn't good for Palm just because it's good for the carrier...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  13. #1474  
    Why would an update drive away customers? And who would jump ship because of a update with a known bug? I'm not seeing the logic. I think the carriers wanted the issue fixed before they released it.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  14. #1475  
    Conspiracy theories make me lol.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  15. #1476  
    @ the OP..... uhmmm okay to address your theory (short of the fact it is WELL known there is a known bug in the OTA of 1.4.5). Ignoring the known bug, and all the other information the rest of us seam to have that you don't I will attempt to just address your theory.

    So for your theory to be valid, it would have to be an update that more people knew and cared about. Average and even lighter power users that aren't enthusiasts most likely have no idea 1.4.5 is even out there. The update isn't promising anything great for an average user either. So the concept of holding out a small update to try and drive people to other phones is inane.

    Further more, to roll with the more popular theory (and actual reality), this is a VERY small update that most users aren't really missing. If you roll this update out, most users are going to have more problems from this update than what they get out of it. There is a very small minority of WebOS users on these forums, then a small amount of the minority here actually care about the update. If you push out a known broken update to all users, it will be a much larger number of users with a negative experience.

    In a way it could be said that the US carriers are protecting Palms image by not pushing a broken update. The average user (average consumers and majority of the market place) would see this as a sign (possibly another sign) that Palm isn't reliable and they need to jump ship to something else.

    In the end, your theory is debunked completely. Sorry.
  16. #1477  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Well I think Palm would not allow all carries to just sit on their software update while their customers get ****ed. If Sprint were the only carrier it might be a different story, but with their being two others, I suspect Palm has directed the hold. Maybe they are adding some functionality or bug fixes that they decided they'd rather finalize, or something similar, but who could possibly imagine all three major carriers conspiring against a phone that they would probably consider a failed seller anyway....not a threat to keep their sales stagnant.
    Dont we have games that require the updates???
  17. #1478  
    I really suspect three unnamed major competitors consipred together (one of the few times they could work together) with a certain large unnamed country in Asia to replace BIOS chips in routers across the world that automatically kill the updates, and any positive news about the updates, so that we're not actually seeing the truth.

    2.0 has been out a while, and they're about to relese 3.0.
  18. #1479  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    So much for August release :
    Why do you say that, do carriers only role out 1 update at a time or somthing?
  19. #1480  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Why do you say that, do carriers only role out 1 update at a time or somthing?
    No and the carriers don't roll it out, they say okay and it comes off Palm servers.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions