Page 72 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Actually, I didn't base it off one carrier, as I mentioned that Verizon is just as focused on pushing out Froyo to it's Droid phones. They've got as much at stake as Sprint since the Droid and Droid X would be in direct competition with the Evo.
    Read my comments above..... even though you mentioned the EVO (VZW is KNOWN to go a month longer than the other big US carriers when it comes to updates being released for any phone). It is still the same regardless, any 1 carrier does not hold up the release for the others. BTW, I said one carrier because VZW is so fragmented when it comes to various Android phones on various official versions, I would venture to guess they are always testing some form of Android update (or other software for some phone or for the entire network.... the NFL app is a great example of this).

Rollouts aren't by country and one carrier doesn't control another.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I doubt seriously that it's a matter of workload at this point. I don't know why neither Palm nor the carriers are saying anything, but I think it's pretty clear now that we're this far down the road that we're no longer waiting on 1.4.5. The US carriers have probably said no. I'm guessing that we may not hear more until the next release, whenever that will be. I'm kind of surprised that we haven't heard of a release to developers for the next one.

Edit: looks like OldSkoolVWLover beat me to the punch!
    I truly hope that is the case that 1.5 is what they are waiting for. It's just that silence is not normal for Palm (in the case of updates. At least not this long without saying something.)

Trying to remember, didn't Ruby say that 1.5 would be a semi-major release before 2.0 sometime a few months back? Maybe not in those terms, but in general as to their future updates.

Reason I ask is that if there won't be a 1.4.5.1 like OldSkool suggest there will be, then you know a 1.5 will be a long time coming, and it would be a shame to leave the US WebOS users out in the cold for what would be half a year on all the new PDK apps coming out.

None of this makes much sense to me except for my original point of preferential treatment to Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Read my comments above.....
    Geeze dude. Easy on the roids. You stated specifically that my basis for thinking was solely on one phone on one carrier when I obviously talked about two carriers, both with their own lines of Android phones.

I was just making the same point you are stating in your response.

'Read me statement above'

Don't get so touchy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    This is craziness... This is a 5 month-old anticipation thread, and it's for a 0.0.5 update. This is approaching Palm Pre release date anticipation status. Is this embarassing or exciting? I do not know.
    Embarassing is a word id like to tag with it.

I don't care anymore honestly. There isn't but 1 app that id like that requires 1.4.5 and thats wIRC, maybe Navit if it gets out of the alpha stage. Those arn't even App Catalog apps either...

But honestly. Nothing to jump around about yet. Palm App Leaderboard still isn't up yet, and were what, 20 days into the contest. Im sorry but this is a joke.

I haven't been eagle eyein the apps but, all i've seen are sound and game apps that take advantage of the pdk. Not sure what else can be possible. But just sayin it how i've seen it.

Im not complaing like im going to switch its just the lack of information flow. Yeah yeah, good things to come. HPalm, I have money to spend. LET ME SPEND IT WITH YOU.
    Palm owes the US some sort of statement. Just ridiculous to rollout 1.4.5 to the rest of the world and then nothing happens with US for weeks, months while we are in the middle of their PDK hot apps contest. If abandoning 1.4.5 for US decision has been made, then Palm sure as hell better issue a statement informing us of that fact, its the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Palm owes the US some sort of statement. Just ridiculous to rollout 1.4.5 to the rest of the world and then nothing happens with US for weeks, months while we are in the middle of their PDK hot apps contest. If abandoning 1.4.5 for US decision has been made, then Palm sure as hell better issue a statement informing us of that fact, its the right thing to do.
    I don't know how many people I can speak for... but the thing I can hope for is we get somthing more then 1.4.5.1.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    No one is "abandoning the US." It's probably in Sprint's court to get the update out and anything Palm says about that is going to appear to be a slap in Sprint's face. It's not like we're getting live video-to-web streaming or unicorns or double rainbows in this update. It's bugfixes and some new APIs. We just have to enjoy what we have and try to forget about the looming update, then it'll be here before we even realize it.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Correct, though it is each individual carrier's decision. When I worked for Motorola we had that particular problem constantly - every carrier wanted something different, and we had to customize the software so that they each had their own little exclusive piece of the pie. At the same time, some carriers wanted to disable certain features that we had already advertised the phone was capable of. It is a big mess.
    Geeze dude. Easy on the roids. You stated specifically that my basis for thinking was solely on one phone on one carrier when I obviously talked about two carriers, both with their own lines of Android phones.

I was just making the same point you are stating in your response.

'Read me statement above'

Don't get so touchy. :-)
    Nobody is touchy, I was just telling you to read my comments above about release dates. From the way you were posting it seamed like you hadn't caught them or haven't kept up with various carrier releases, and how this has been going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    No one is "abandoning the US." It's probably in Sprint's court to get the update out and anything Palm says about that is going to appear to be a slap in Sprint's face. It's not like we're getting live video-to-web streaming or unicorns or double rainbows in this update. It's bugfixes and some new APIs. We just have to enjoy what we have and try to forget about the looming update, then it'll be here before we even realize it.
    I want a unicorn with 1.4.5.1

Soryr I had to...
    I've been running 1.4.5 for a week now, so I don't really care about it for myself, I just feel for those that haven't doctored who want in on some of the new PDK apps that have been released.. US carriers have had this release since May 25th so there should be zero slack cut for the carriers needing more time..
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nobody is touchy, I was just telling you to read my comments above about release dates. From the way you were posting it seamed like you hadn't caught them or haven't kept up with various carrier releases, and how this has been going down.
    I gotcha. But I think you missunderstood my point is all. The main reason I felt 1.4.5 was taking so long to be officially released by Sprint and Verizon was because I felt they had their resources focused on Android.

I wasn't sure why you were mentioning release dates, as we all know that the carriers have had 1.4.5 forever now, I understood what you were saying.

Others have posted that we should get an explanation for the delay from somebody. To that, I ask 'do we really want one'?

I don't think we'd like what we hear as their explanation really. Why give bad news when silence is usually the best remedy?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I think an explanation would be good, at least saying "hai giys, we won't put this out due to possible problems but we expect to receive an update from Palm in 1 month." We will fast track the next release. OKTHX." perfect.
    I gotcha. But I think you missunderstood my point is all. The main reason I felt 1.4.5 was taking so long to be officially released by Sprint and Verizon was because I felt they had their resources focused on Android.

I wasn't sure why you were mentioning release dates, as we all know that the carriers have had 1.4.5 forever now, I understood what you were saying.

Others have posted that we should get an explanation for the delay from somebody. To that, I ask 'do we really want one'?

I don't think we'd like what we hear as their explanation really. Why give bad news when silence is usually the best remedy?
    Silence is the worst, it allows the masses to guage invalid and bad thoughts.

At least if somthing was said, good or bad. The masses would be able to react on it rather then becoming unrational about the situation (ie; leaving, switching, throwing hate around in the general direction of HPalm, & more complaints etc) that go un-answered.

As long as talking is still going on between the two people, talking will continue. Once the talking stops, its when hell breaks loose.
    There is a lot of anger in this thread.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    i called sprint and put a formal complaint in that they have yet to approve it, they said they havent recieved 2.0 yet. i had to explain to them, no im talking about 1.4.5 that has been available to sprint for nearly a month. they transfered me and didnt know what 1.4.5 was, i explained, they put the complaint in and the 2 reps stayed on and said they would also like to know why its not out yet.
    damnit! shift delete doesnt work on a pc! can i get a patch for xp? lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There is a lot of anger in this thread.
    You ain't kiddin'.

Some people seem incapable of understanding this isn't Palm's fault, it's the carriers. If anyone "owes" the US an explanation, it's Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T.

And I'm not positive they "owe" us anything. There's no official public release date they missed that I'm aware of - just rumors, speculation, and internal unreleased (but leaked) dates.

I'd love 1.4.5 too, just because. But man, the entitlement attitude I see here...
    Well at this point, it's hurting Palm because they've got people standing around with dollars in their hands wanting to buy PDK apps and can't. Palm should just accidentally release it and tell the carriers their servers malfunctioned at this point, so everyone can move on and go about business again..
    Uhmm... Is it just me, or is 1.4.5 released for Sprint atleast according to these links:
    HP Selling Palm Phones for Free, Pushes webOS 1.4.5 (Phone Scoop)
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Downloads

It says it was released on June 30th... Did you guys know that?

Same for Verizon here:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre SFR

The main body says SFR, but the title page says Verizon and sprint... And so do the links themselves.

Then again, its not listed here:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre for Sprint
    jdiperla, your info is only as good as your source.

ohhh and the VZW info, it just says Verizon at top, if you notice the Header on the page references SFR.