Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2953
    Just a theory, but do you guyz think that todays announcement of ....

...has something to do with the delay of update on Sprint phones???
    Interesting, and I can say I hope that's it..... but I doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Just a theory, but do you guyz think that todays announcement of ....

...has something to do with the delay of update on Sprint phones???
    That, or possibly they are working on the native Sprint Zone app that is currently available on their Android and Blackberry devices.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Argh!

I just saw a tweet from a reliable source that indicates that Palm is now looking at security questions related to hybrid apps.

That means 1.4.5 could take a while.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Argh!

I just saw a tweet from a reliable source that indicates that Palm is now looking at security questions related to hybrid apps.

who's the source?
    I don't expect US to get 1.4.5 for at least 2+ more weeks if they even get it at all. Thinking they might be leaning towards just 1.5 now for US with the fixed bug. Palm is shooting themselves in the foot for the PDK Hot Apps program and all of the devs trying to participate.. I know many keep saying its not Palm, its the carriers but I don't buy that entirely. If they are avoiding fixing the bug to avoid "carrier recertification" than they must be certified right now with the release or why wouldn't they fix the bug if both were going to need certification? What's most frustrating is Palm hasn't issued any staement about the lack of webOS 1.4.5 for USA when their Hot Apps program started on the 15th of this month. How can they promote a program that we can't even participate in and then just not even say a word about what is going on to us. The whole process has really made me mad. I feel someone owes US an explanation of where we are at.
  7. OrR
    Argh!

Very unlikely. They pushed the update in other countries knowing it'd break PDK software after all. Also, hybrid apps are not even allowed into the app catalog, yet. While 1.4.5 could handle them (and does! wIRC is brilliant!), the app catalog infrastructure is not ready for distributing them at this point. So if there are security issues with hybrid apps, they can simply delay allowing them into the app catalog until the next update. It is no reason for delaying this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    PM sent
    please?
    I just chatted with a Palm Representative on their website's Palm Chat and I asked about the update. its Palm who released the updates, not the carriers. And when i asked when it would be released, he said he couldn't tell me
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    ... The whole process has really made me mad. I feel someone owes US an explanation of where we are at.
    Agreed.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    I just chatted with a Palm Representative on their website's Palm Chat and I asked about the update. its Palm who released the updates, not the carriers. And when i asked when it would be released, he said he couldn't tell me
    Doesn't the carriers have to approve it first?
    Of course Palm releases the updates. Otherwise the updates wouldn't be the same, Sprint isn't going to design / release an update that is similar to Verizon because they are two totally different groups. With that being said every update does require carrier approval before it is launched across their network.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I was planning to wait for the OTA update. Now I'm leaning toward Doctoring to 1.4.5. That is a pain with all the reinstalling and reconfiguring.

We really do need to know what Palm is planning to do.

I'll give them a couple of days, then I'll doctor.
    Tom

Sorry either they misunderstood you or this is a classic case of a CSR not being completely educated on the matter. Palm does release the update, but it is to carriers discretion as to when to allow the update to roll to their customers. They can't roll it before Palm says they can, and Palm (at least as evidence has shown thus far) can't force the carrier to roll it any sooner than the carrier wants.

So you are currently in a situation where all information available points to Palm having told carriers they are good to roll it out, and the Big 3 doing whatever they are doing (but clearly not giving the go ahead).

Bah HardBeatz beat me to it..... got distracted...
    We really do need to know what Palm is planning to do.

Palm HAS given the carriers the update, we already know what Palm is doing (not even planning).

BTW, from what I have read in this thread.... personally the hassle of the Dr. not worth it.... IMHO
    I just broke down and did the 1.4.5 dev doctor. I've had enough waiting. Hopefully because I did so, murphys law will have OTA released this evening for you all, but I'm sure it'll be several more weeks still. The way I see it, US doesn't have 1.4.5 yet because 1.4.5.1 is on its way, and we should be able to update OTA to that from this dev build so, I really see no harm other than I won't be able to restore all my txt messages :P
    I'm with you, no harm most likely, just a pain in the ***...... only feature I need is downloading podcasts..... the hassle of streaming is less than the hassle of DRing at this point.
    Should rename this thread "Official webOS 1.4.5 U.S. Frustration Thread"
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    Should rename this thread "Official webOS 1.4.5 U.S. Frustration Thread"
    +1
    Duh, amazing lives are so affected waiting for 1.4.5? In the big picture of life what is this upgrade going to do for us? I am happy with my phone thanks to Guru's for mods and kernals. I come here everyday, but the whinning about 1.4.5 when is a.... I fully expect 1.4.5 is going to be very small in the big picture and then there will be the next flow of whinning about 1.5. Geez, as the kids say get a life?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre