Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2953
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Because as far as the device is concerned it is updated to 1.4.5. even if it's not the final release.
    Thanks that is very important to know. I guess I will wait.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Because as far as the device is concerned it is updated to 1.4.5. even if it's not the final release.
    I suppose that would be true if the US carriers are getting 1.4.5, but if we're getting 1.4.5.1 then I would think that it would trigger an update due to the newer version number.

Anyways, if you're willing to doctor your device to the dev 1.4.5 then what's another couple days to get the real deal release via doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    There had better be a DAMN good reason why US still doesn't have 1.4.5! I'm about to doctor! F it!
    There's no carrier that has pushed 1.4.5 to their devices, so, Palm hasn't released the Doctor for these devices. Easy.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    There's no carrier that has pushed 1.4.5 to their devices, so, Palm hasn't released the Doctor for these devices. Easy.
    No carrier in the United States maybe...
    Can someone send me the Sprint 1.4.5 Palm Pre doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Can someone send me the Sprint 1.4.5 Palm Pre doctor
    Just go to the Palm website (support) and get it. That's where it is from... but if you are in the US, there is no 1.4.5 version yet as it has not been released.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/26/2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typo
    That was no help ^^^^, it's a sprint 1.4.5 doctor out there...
    PM sent
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Thanks sir
    Thanks sir
    Make sure you read this before proceeding

http://forums.precentral.net/2571819-post1316.html

Edit: Don't forget the Thank You button to you right -->
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Sorry you didn't think so... but it is against Palm's rules to supply software that has not been released. Please be aware that if Palm does not allow a software link to be supplied publicly, it cannot be posted in the forums. Once a doctor release is posted and released by Palm, it can be posted here.

Thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/25/2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Just to throw this out there, I'd honestly wait for the official update. I doctored mine because I'm a gadget freak and like tinkering. There is really no benefit to patching to the incomplete Sprint version. Battery, performance, it is identical. Rob Whitby speaks wisdom, if you doctor to this early version you will have to wait for the official webOS Dr. to upgrade to it once it is released. Or downgrade to 1.4.1.1 then OTA.

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree that battery is identical for me, but performance is just a little snappier. Scrolling is smoother, card switching smoother, I can swipe to delete emails at a rapid pace with no lag, little things like that.
    Yea, but you could just overclock in 1.4.1.1 to get the same effects and better. Which is a lot less troublesome than doctoring your phone. All you have to do is download two things off Preware, it couldn't be easier.

Think ill just wait for an official release to save all the doctoring.
    If you're concerned about being able to get the ots update when it's released why not just doctor back to an earlier version? That way you wouldn't have to wait for the webosdr version. If you're willing to install an unreleased development version I don't see doctoring back being an issue.

So it sounds like the Pre version doesn't offer much in terms of device performance, but does anybody have any impressions from the pixi version? I'm thinking this update might be a bigger deal for us pixi owners than for the pre's.
    Ive had my replacement Pre for almost a week now and havent installed any of my patches (several are on the list of ones that have to be uninstalled before the update) and also havent installed Uberkernal or Govnah. I figured leave it untouched for the update. Its killing me to be quite honest. Constant TMC error. I guess Im going to give up and install them then just delete them all at update time.

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Ive had my replacement Pre for almost a week now and havent installed any of my patches (several are on the list of ones that have to be uninstalled before the update) and also havent installed Uberkernal or Govnah. I figured leave it untouched for the update. Its killing me to be quite honest. Constant TMC error. I guess Im going to give up and install them then just delete them all at update time.

Melissa
    You can leave UberKernel and Govnah installed. They are both OTA-safe.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you Rod! Do I have to turn them off or anything or just leave them be? Will they work with the update once it becomes available?

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Thank you Rod! Do I have to turn them off or anything or just leave them be? Will they work with the update once it becomes available?

Melissa
    Leave them on, and just hit "Update All" in Preware after the OTA update is complete.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Great. Thanks again!

Melissa