Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2953
    has anyone tried the webosdr links and installed them? Just wondering if you can install the pdk apps from the store etc. Once you dr. You would think sprint would want to push out 1.4.5 in lieu of users finding a link to an update and doing it themselves :-) cmon sprint we're all gonna call your support lines after we break our phone with these Dr
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    well technically there is the dev version (NOT FINAL) release of the Dr, link floating around.....
    This is the link i'm looking for.
    Any updates ever been released on a Sunday? lol

ET
    I have the sprint 1.4.5 installed and yes, PDK apps from the catalog can be downloaded and do work. Also, since I doctored to 1.4.5, the jailing bug does not exist. However, like someone said, this is not the final release so not all features/fixes are implemented eg. text entry bug still exists
    People who use the pre-release Dr. are going to have to doctor again when the real 1.4.5 is finally released. Be aware that the Dr. images are usually not released at the same time as the OTA updates (usually within a week I believe), so if you get the prerelease now, you will get the update late.
    Are people that ate up waiting for an update they are doctoring their phones just to get the update a week early? And this update really ain't that important. lol

ET
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    People who use the pre-release Dr. are going to have to doctor again when the real 1.4.5 is finally released. Be aware that the Dr. images are usually not released at the same time as the OTA updates (usually within a week I believe), so if you get the prerelease now, you will get the update late.
    Why would OTA update now work on the prerelease?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Why would OTA update now work on the prerelease?
    Because as far as the device is concerned it is updated to 1.4.5. even if it's not the final release.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    ScreenCap showing update & OS w/same version #

Weird. I woke to find update waiting, but the update says 1.4.1.1, which is exactly what I'm running already on Sprint Pre.

EDIT Well, I applied the update, got an "Update Installed" screen that system update 1.4.1.1 was successfully installed (even though it was already on device). Did someone at Sprint hit the wrong switch when meaning to send out 1.4.5.1?
    Last edited by dslunceford; 07/25/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Are people that ate up waiting for an update they are doctoring their phones just to get the update a week early? And this update really ain't that important. lol

ET
    Not true if you want PDK apps (especially for Pixi users or the new PDK stuff for Pre users).

Also if you listen to Podcasts, there are more than a few of us that would like the podcast download bug fixed.

And no I did not Dr, but there are reasons.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    For those who Dr their phones how many apps are in the App Catalog?
    There was quite a few the last time I checked via the front page link.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I mean how many PDK apps show up for those with 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    I mean how many PDK apps show up for those with 1.4.5?
    That's what I meant, there was quite a list that us US guys can't see due to not having 1.4.5, it was published in a front page article.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    That's what I meant, there was quite a list that us US guys can't see due to not having 1.4.5, it was published in a front page article.
    link?
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    http://www.precentral.net/new-app-catalog-23-july-2010 This list is from the 23rd so there are probably a bit more now. I have no idea if that is the full list or not and I don't know if you can force your phone to see the 1.4.5 apps on 1.4.1 phones.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    For those who Dr their phones how many apps are in the App Catalog?
    There had better be a DAMN good reason why US still doesn't have 1.4.5! I'm about to doctor! F it!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    There had better be a DAMN good reason why US still doesn't have 1.4.5! I'm about to doctor! F it!
    Why bother since there are only 15 more apps that show up.
    Why bother since there are only 15 more apps that show up.
    ExZeus by itself is worth it. I'm playing it now.