Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2953
  1. #1221  
    Forget 1.4.5! Bring on 2.0!


    I am looking forward to the day when the headline reads: 1.4.5 released in the U.S.!
  2. #1222  
    I don't see a thread for issues.

    If I have used Enter for a new line in Notes in a Google Contact,
    it now shows as <br/> on the Pre. Was fine before update.
  3. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #1223  
    Since the US is the only ones waiting for the update my speculation is that there has been a decision to release on all US carriers at once. That means we have to wait for the slowest carrier to certify. We already heard that the PDK fix must wait for a further release, so that's not it.

    If it's this slow to get a relatively minor release out, I am not hopeful we'll see 2.0 this year.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  4. #1224  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Since the US is the only ones waiting for the update my speculation is that there has been a decision to release on all US carriers at once. That means we have to wait for the slowest carrier to certify. We already heard that the PDK fix must wait for a further release, so that's not it.

    If it's this slow to get a relatively minor release out, I am not hopeful we'll see 2.0 this year.
    Yeah at this rate 2.0 is going to be released next March if we are lucky. That would not surprise me though, it does not look like a new phone is coming out any time soon, just updates.
    Last edited by jordo487; 07/23/2010 at 09:21 AM.
  5. #1225  
    Nice.....can't wait
  6. #1226  
    Looks like I'll be doctoring my Sprint phone to 1.4.5 this weekend due to continued lack of OTA update option. Really quite certain US carriers are not going to release 1.4.5 and wait for 1.5 with the fix instead and if that is the case, it's really pathetic that Palm isn't issuing us a statement about that.
  7. #1227  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Since the US is the only ones waiting for the update my speculation is that there has been a decision to release on all US carriers at once. That means we have to wait for the slowest carrier to certify. We already heard that the PDK fix must wait for a further release, so that's not it.

    If it's this slow to get a relatively minor release out, I am not hopeful we'll see 2.0 this year.
    If that is actually the case, (I don't think it is, the part about waiting for all US carriers to release at once), then the US may never see 1.4.5 but will see 1.4.5.1 (or some other version). Since VZW has done this before when a Sprint release showed a bug, VZW waited for the .1 before releasing.
  8. #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Looks like I'll be doctoring my Sprint phone to 1.4.5 this weekend due to continued lack of OTA update option. Really quite certain US carriers are not going to release 1.4.5 and wait for 1.5 with the fix instead and if that is the case, it's really pathetic that Palm isn't issuing us a statement about that.
    Wouldn't that be the carriers issuing a statement? If they have the decision to release or not?
  9. #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Wouldn't that be the carriers issuing a statement? If they have the decision to release or not?
    Perhaps but I don't think I've ever heard the carriers issue any statements about a webos update. I'd think they'd give Palm their decision and Palm would inform..
  10. #1230  
    I am actually wondering if the carriers aren't making an "official" decision. Honestly the fact that there has been no talk of it on the dev forums other than the OTA bug will be fixed at a later date.

    Also the way the rest of the non O2 Germany folks released the update, it was kinda random..... waited then it's like once one released all the others just said F it and pushed it out.

    I know it's not a huge update, so it doesn't really benefit the carriers, but there is something to be said for the proprietary information (ATT not knowing what Sprint is doing, etc). The carriers probably don't want to take a hard stance.....

    As with all this, it's just thoughts of possible reasons.
  11. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #1231  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Looks like I'll be doctoring my Sprint phone to 1.4.5 this weekend due to continued lack of OTA update option. Really quite certain US carriers are not going to release 1.4.5 and wait for 1.5 with the fix instead and if that is the case, it's really pathetic that Palm isn't issuing us a statement about that.

    If you can, let me know how to do this Im tired of waiting as well...
  12. #1232  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    If you can, let me know how to do this Im tired of waiting as well...
    Sent you a PM with the link.
  13. #1233  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Sent you a PM with the link.
    send me a PM of the link as well please
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #1234  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Looks like I'll be doctoring my Sprint phone to 1.4.5 this weekend due to continued lack of OTA update option. Really quite certain US carriers are not going to release 1.4.5 and wait for 1.5 with the fix instead and if that is the case, it's really pathetic that Palm isn't issuing us a statement about that.
    I'll Doctor mine this evening and let you know if it blows anything up (Like my phone for example).
  15. #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    send me a PM of the link as well please
    Sent..
  16. #1236  
    Hi, guys. Throwing in from Canada where my phone has just told me about the 1.4.5 patch. My question is: am I going to have a problem with the apps. or patches already on the phone if I just download this, or do I need to clear something out first?
  17. #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalla1 View Post
    Hi, guys. Throwing in from Canada where my phone has just told me about the 1.4.5 patch. My question is: am I going to have a problem with the apps. or patches already on the phone if I just download this, or do I need to clear something out first?
    AUPT is your friend! As long as you don't have any custom kernel's installed that were not installed from Preware, you'll be fine and can leave everything as is. Then Preware will find updates for all of your patches after your update and fix them all.
  18. #1238  
    okay, thank you, but what's a custom kernel?
  19. #1239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalla1 View Post
    okay, thank you, but what's a custom kernel?
    If you don't know what that is, you probably didn't isntall one So I wouldn't worry.. it is mainly for overclocking and eliminating the "too many cards" errors.
  20. #1240  
    can i also get the link?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions