Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2953
    Im behind here. I cant get this update and im not sure how i use a dr.
    yeah i cant get anything and now there saying kernals dont work for this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by broyshow View Post
    yeah i cant get anything and now there saying kernals dont work for this update.
    Whoever "there" are, they're not correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_crazy View Post
    The 1.4.5 doctor for Sprint and Verizon is out there... Just need to search in the right place, believe me I have it.
    Yeah right and I own a magical unicorn in my house thats tamed, pish...

Everyone knows you can't tame a unicorn. Gosh.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broyshow View Post
    Uberkernel is working great with 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by tequilapr View Post
    Uberkernel is working great with 1.4.5
    SR71 works great on 1.4.5 also
    Not one to complain..... but man once again this morning..... I am TIRED of streaming my podcasts.
    Just thinking out loud from my Pre.

Are the U.S. Carriers intentionally hurting Palm by not releasing 1.4.5 thus making the PDK Hot Apps contest of little value to developers, since so many can't buy their apps?

I don't know the process but is this possible?
    Of course it's possible.
    Likely?
    I don't know.

But definitely not a good thing.
    I don't think so, and if so Palm would be like hey why isn't it released, and then HP would sue the hell out of the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    OMG... This is NOT a 1.4.5 anticipation post.

Moved... Really?
    I would still say if anything the carriers are delaying to save themselves the grief of rolling out an update that will tax their CSR's. So they are holding out for the fixed version of the OTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would still say if anything the carriers are delaying to save themselves the grief of rolling out an update that will tax their CSR's. So they are holding out for the fixed version of the OTA.
    Definatly seems the case now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Just thinking out loud from my Pre.

Are the U.S. Carriers intentionally hurting Palm by not releasing 1.4.5 thus making the PDK Hot Apps contest of little value to developers, since so many can't buy their apps?

I don't know the process but is this possible?
    Even if they are, all palm has to do is throw a little party and say "we are extending the contest!" Everyone cheers and things are back to normal, just on an extended time frame.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Even if they are, all palm has to do is throw a little party and say "we are extending the contest!" Everyone cheers and things are back to normal, just on an extended time frame.
    LOL, Cheers woo hoo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    But then again that would still hurt some devs.
    Other devs are getting their apps downloaded and getting up there in the contest, while others can't release their apps cause U.S carriers haven't released 1.4.5.
    Even by raising the date, the people releasing apps right now already got a week advantage.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OMG... This is NOT a 1.4.5 anticipation post.

Moved... Really?
    I've seen some strange post movement. For instance, people in Canada who already have 1.4.5 had their posts moved to this thread. Doesn't make much sense, they aren't anticipating 1.4.5. they already have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    But then again that would still hurt some devs.
    Other devs are getting their apps downloaded and getting up there in the contest, while others can't release their apps cause U.S carriers haven't released 1.4.5.
    Even by raising the date, the people releasing apps right now already got a week advantage.
    Any dev can release their app globally for 1.4.5 (and could have done so weeks ago), and the people who have 1.4.5 can download it.

The only devs that are disadvantaging themselves are those that mark their apps as US-only. And they should be disadvantaged for doing so, IMHO.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    As some have said earlier, I confirm the webos Doctor is out there downloadable from a palm server even, the link just hasn't been shared. I've downloaded it and if Palm doesn't release OTA by this weekend, I'll be doing it just cause I'm sick of the delay. But the Sprint webos 1.4.5 doc is out there and I believe so are Verizon and AT&T. I'd imagine however if anyone posted the link in this thread, it would be taken down by mods or Palm would quickly remove the link..
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any dev can release their app globally for 1.4.5 (and could have done so weeks ago), and the people who have 1.4.5 can download it.

The only devs that are disadvantaging themselves are those that mark their apps as US-only. And they should be disadvantaged for doing so, IMHO.

-- Rod
    I disagree with this to a certain extent since there are PDK apps available that do not require 1.4.5 and can be downloaded by everyone. Therefore these apps have a much larger pool of people who could potential buy them until 1.4.5 is released to everyone.

The flip side of the this though is that these existing PDK apps have been out for awhile already. For example I had already bought Ancient Frog and Smiles prior to the contest so those purchases would not count. I would imagine that most people who wanted to buy these apps would have bought them already. This would give new PDK apps an advantage because they are "new".