Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    But what I don't understand is Palm's response to the bug and not addressing it made it sound like the reason they weren't addressing it is to avoid having to go through this approving it process again. So technically, it should already be approved if Palm decided to not address the bug, that or the carriers are refusing to release it with the bug and US just fails and doesn't get this update. Either way, I'm getting damn sick of it. To think this update should've been out end of may or 1st week in June and its almost August, no excuse whatsoever. Thought for SURE we'd have it over this weekend we just passed but I've now all but given up on it. And it doesn't help the mood any more when Palm Support guys are in this thread making light jokes about firemen poles and bowel problems rather than giving some insight on what is going on here for this horrendous delay on US release now 5 days into PDK Hot Apps program that we have no access to! /rant
    I wont be surpised if thats the case, if US carriers are refusing to release it and palm has to push fast to get 1.4.5.1 out? I've stopped waiting for the update lol. Im just disapointed in the PDK contest.

Lmao, just did a google search and found a palm page about the PDK contest..

"The PDK leaderboard will go live when the contest starts!" http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...rticle&id=2086

Classic. Umm MCFLY!?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    ...And it doesn't help the mood any more when Palm Support guys are in this thread making light jokes about firemen poles and bowel problems rather than giving some insight on what is going on here for this horrendous delay on US release now 5 days into PDK Hot Apps program that we have no access to! /rant
    Relax Just because we have a member of Palm posting here and joking around with us doesn't mean that he has any info available to post and is holding out. We are extremely lucky to have a relationship with members of Palm who do share info when available... and who go out of their way to directly help members with issues they have. The update will come... and Palm employees who are active members here will offer info if they have it and are allowed to do so.

Patience grasshopper...patience...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Is webos dying? The last release has taken seven months and doesn't seem to offer a single feature other than minor bugfixes.
    its been 3 months, not 7
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf663 View Post
    Is webos dying? The last release has taken seven months and doesn't seem to offer a single feature other than minor bugfixes.
    I think WebOS is dead to the mainstream. It's all about Android now. Between HTC and Motorola there has to be at least 5 new devices in the last two months that have that fragmented OS. The mainstream consumers are eating it up! The Incredible, EVO 4G, Droid X, Droid 2 etc, the incredible EVO 4G Droid X2 lol

You think Palm has problems pushing out updates; I would hate to be an Android user. At least we only have to worry about the carriers as Droid users have to worry about carrier and manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Would you settle for a fast trickle? When we use words like "flood," we really set up large expectations that are unlikely to be met.
    Honestly, ill take any development in the pdk area. Right now, no offense to the wonderful developers that are backing webos right now. But its small time now. Games would be interesting and novell to use. But I use my phone for productivity.

Newsroom is a perfect example of a EXCELLENT application that has real world use. I await applications that are well done and graphically clean. Not to say there arn't some now, but using the PDK.
  7. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf663 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not dying at all. I think it will be revived really soon. We'll be getting new device announcements as well as 1.5 with bigger improvements, new APIs etc. rather soon. Much of it has been indirectly mentioned in talks already. Shouldn't be too much longer now, in fact quite a few hints have been dropped to expect device announcements in the near future.
    Some of the first 3rd Party PDK applications now available..

Pixi Dust
    Saber Ultimate
    Air Horn Ultimate
    Drummer
    Pong (latest is PDK)
    I'd be interested to try pong. Oh wait.. 1.4.5 isn't available
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Some of the first 3rd Party PDK applications now available..

I'd be interested to try pong. Oh wait.. 1.4.5 isn't available
    When the update is finally available, not until all these apps are updated will anyone even see them, unless they use this site and are keeping track to go back and find them in the catalog at a later time.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    looking for this update =] not out yet =[ or at least a webos doctor even? anybody? =]
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    looking for this update =] not out yet =[ or at least a webos doctor even? anybody? =]
    Um... it hasn't been released yet... so the Doctor version won't be available until after that time either.
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    Maybe try again in 2 more weeks if were lucky :P
    The 1.4.5 doctor for Sprint and Verizon is out there... Just need to search in the right place, believe me I have it.
  14. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palm_crazy View Post
    The 1.4.5 doctor for Sprint and Verizon is out there... Just need to search in the right place, believe me I have it.
    If it's on a Palm-controlled server, by all means, let's see it (unless the mod types have a problem with such things).
    wow...1 post and 1 post only boasting about it being out there with no proof whatsoever. Yeah, real believable.

Quote Originally Posted by palm_crazy View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    he's right Sprint and Verizon 1.4.5 IS out there.

and I'm saying this as a senior forum member

edit: +to add: and from what I've seen its a very miniscule update

double edit: picture below is an ATT Palm Pre plus doctored to webos 1.3.5 sprint, then pulling in an over the air update.

--original post was here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post2535227
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trim81; 07/20/2010 at 10:57 PM.
    I'll say I believe now on both counts. It's out, and its miniscule. Still no reason to esn swap with my Evo. Guess I'm patiently waiting on 1.5.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    he's right Sprint and Verizon 1.4.5 IS out there.

and I'm saying this as a senior forum member

edit: +to add: and from what I've seen its a very miniscule update
    Little on the outside, major on the inside (for PDK apps and Hybrid apps)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    so kernals dont work with 1.4.5... this is bull... why hasnt anybody else posted on this
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    so kernals dont work with 1.4.5... this is bull... why hasnt anybody else posted on this
    Perhaps cause you haven't looked in the official kernel threads in the WebOS Internals forum ...

-- Rod (where you will find ways around this problem)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals