Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    How do you know that there aren't new pdk apps? If they're 1.4.5 only they won't show up in your app catalog.
    Im using Precentral to check the new apps not my phone. I can only hope its becuase 1.4.5 isn't available in the us. But why start the contest at all if 1.4.5 isn't out yet? This (however be unlikly) gives a unfair advantage to other applications.

Some people have stated that applications already out in PDK form such as Cronk will be eligable, however I read the rules that applications released during the contest will be eligable. We shall see once they get there crap together. The leaderboard isn't even ready. So perhaps it makes since, the contest has started, but really hasn't STARTED. 4 days into it now, and nothing. Way to go.

Palm has really fumbled on this one. My 2 cents.

Im staying vilgilant, and hoping for the best out of the company I have come to love. I an 't jumpin ship... yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    This (however be unlikly) gives a unfair advantage to other applications.
    There is no unfair advantage. It's the developers decision whether to make an application US only or for other regions.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There is no unfair advantage. It's the developers decision whether to make an application US only or for other regions.
    Has there been any development on the developer forums inregards to 1.4.5?

Perhaps us carriers are forcing palm to fix the bug, and recertify it? 1.4.5.1? Could they do that?
    If there is a patch available, why don't they just release it and let us fix it like we do so many other things. (Thanks to WebOS/Preware & programmers!!)
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Is there any word on whether this update will fix the notorious Verizon GPS bug?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Is there any word on whether this update will fix the notorious Verizon GPS bug?
    Unlikly, the true fix will likly be through verizon only, as in allow 3rd party access to there gps servers.
    I just made sure 1.4.5 will show tomorrow.

I decided to put F102 back in my pre tonight.

You can thank me later.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    All I want is my DrPodder download fix.

<<edited by mod>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/20/2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    All I want is my DrPodder download fix.

<<edited by mod>>
    Yeah, that was one of the most important things in 1.4.5 for me too

-- Rod
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/20/2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Palm has really fumbled on this one. My 2 cents.
    It's hard to tell if this is Palm's fault or not at this point. While there is a bug in 1.4.5 which I'm pretty sure has slowed carrier approval down. The carriers are also well known for foot-dragging with their approval process, especially Verizon. I think the frustration lies in knowing that some carriers already have the update while the rest of us have to wait and wait with no news.
    Could it be they're waiting for PDK app developers to submit updates so that the bug will be a non issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    They wont realease PDK apps until 1.4.5 is released. Silly if they did.
    But 1.4.5 IS released in Germany, so why not give us some apps in advance? We usually had it the other way round...
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljanderson1234 View Post
    I just made sure 1.4.5 will show tomorrow.

I decided to put F102 back in my pre tonight.

You can thank me later.
    um, when today and how reliable is your source?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Gust: I think he's referring to his "luck"
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....hurry up now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    It's hard to tell if this is Palm's fault or not at this point. While there is a bug in 1.4.5 which I'm pretty sure has slowed carrier approval down. The carriers are also well known for foot-dragging with their approval process, especially Verizon. I think the frustration lies in knowing that some carriers already have the update while the rest of us have to wait and wait with no news.
    Just let me whine ok, its the only way I get through the day. Heh.

All will be well, if when 1.4.5 whatever comes out and the app catalog gets a flood of new pdk applications. If that does not happen, then ill be worried about larger known developer support adopting us.
    Just let me whine ok, its the only way I get through the day. Heh.

All will be well, if when 1.4.5 whatever comes out and the app catalog gets a flood of new pdk applications. If that does not happen, then ill be worried about larger known developer support adopting us.
    Would you settle for a fast trickle? When we use words like "flood," we really set up large expectations that are unlikely to be met.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, that was one of the most important things in 1.4.5 for me too

-- Rod
    x3 on that one, I hate streaming my podcasts!
  19. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    If there is a patch available, why don't they just release it and let us fix it like we do so many other things. (Thanks to WebOS/Preware & programmers!!)
    Because carriers won't allow it without approving it first...
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Because carriers won't allow it without approving it first...
    But what I don't understand is Palm's response to the bug and not addressing it made it sound like the reason they weren't addressing it is to avoid having to go through this approving it process again. So technically, it should already be approved if Palm decided to not address the bug, that or the carriers are refusing to release it with the bug and US just fails and doesn't get this update. Either way, I'm getting damn sick of it. To think this update should've been out end of may or 1st week in June and its almost August, no excuse whatsoever. Thought for SURE we'd have it over this weekend we just passed but I've now all but given up on it. And it doesn't help the mood any more when Palm Support guys are in this thread making light jokes about firemen poles and bowel problems rather than giving some insight on what is going on here for this horrendous delay on US release now 5 days into PDK Hot Apps program that we have no access to! /rant